Headphones

**Klipsch Mode M40 Noise Cancelling Headphones with Mic + 3-Button Control

Klipsch Noise Canceling Headphones
MOST UNCOMFORTABLE OVER EAR HEADPHONES I HAVE EVER PURCHASED

The part of these headphones that rests on the top of your head during use is extremely uncomfortable. I was expecting the headphones to have more cushion in this area and was very disappointed when I purchased these headphones.

**I can’t even wear these for more than 10 minutes without experiencing serious discomfort. **

I do have a larger sized melon, but the headphones adjust to compensate (as any set of ANC over ear headphones do), however, the piece on the headphones that directly rests on the top of my head is either so loose that they fall off, or it is so uncomfortable that I have to take them off after a very short period of time.

Aside from the fact that I can’t even wear these without experiencing discomfort, the Active Noise Cancelling feature of these headphones is subpar at best. I own a few pairs of ANC over ear headphones and the pairs that I paid much less for perform the duty of actively cancelling outside noise far superior to these Klipsch headphones.

source: I bought these headphones last Christmas for myself and as a gift for a family member at this exact price (which I thought was a steal after reading numerous reviews that praised the sleek design and excellent sound quality).

DON’T BE FOOLED, THESE HEADPHONES ARE GARBAGE.

IMHO: Do yourself a favor, and shell out the extra $100-140 to get a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort series ANC over ear headphones @ Bose | Headphones, Speakers, Wearables, the quality and dependability of the Bose headphones will be unmatched by any of the headphones within the $75-150 range

You do know that you will be laughed out of the room by any audiophiles when you mention Bose in a price:quality ratio. First for saying that Bose headphones will be unmatched by any of the headphones within the $75-150 range and then secondly for then linking to a pair of $269.95/$299.95 pair of headphones on the Bose website. It comes off as a Bose shill for saying that if you pay double for your set of headphones it will be unmatched by the pair that costs half as much.

Did you just shill Bose on Tech.Woot?

For that matter, did you actually just state that the quality of Bose is unmatched?

What’s next, you’re going to say that users should avoid the Pioneer, Onkyo, and Yamaha Home-Theater Receivers that constantly show up here in favor of the Bose Lifestyle system?

Here’s a short line from those of us who have experience in Pro Audio, Audio Engineering, and actual sound: No Highs, No Lows, Must Be Bose.

Perhaps this is the right place to ask for professional opinion then… I’m in need of a pair of active noise-cancelling headphones that are also reasonably portable so I can comfortably listen to my portable devices on the bus to/from work (and stow them in my Powerbag when not in use). Earbuds are very uncomfortable for me, and I find they’re very “leaky” in their sound (I hate sitting next to or across from someone with earbuds, and I don’t want to become one of “those guys”).

In summary, requirements:

• Noise cancelling
  • Portable
  • Not earbuds
  • Reasonable price (i.e., not $300+!)
  • Primary purpose: portable audio during bus travel (and occasional air travel)

Opinions? Recommendations?

I keep missing the Sennheiser headphones Dx !!!
I feel like there were only 3 for sale -__-

Nothing but the sound of crickets from the pro audio guys. I like the Bose just fine, you can get them cheaper at a Bose outlet store. That’s what they give to first and business class on the airlines. I use Sennheiser HD 380s for mixing bands because they’re loud, but I use a variety of in-ear and over ear depending on the application (if I’m doing in-ear monitors, I will always wear what the talent is wearing so I hear what they hear). Most of my associates have Bose for travel. Last night, I was playback and record on a broadcast, and guess what, I was monitoring the records with a pair of (gasp) Bose headphones. If you see any clips on the news or entertainment channels with Henry Kissinger or David Blaine in the next few weeks, well… In the end, something that’s comfortable for you will serve you the best. It doesn’t matter how they sound if you can’t wear them for very long. I hope that helps a little.

I missed them, too. Third time I missed out on them during one of these sales while I’ve wanted them. :frowning: I want the Sennheiser 518s so bad, too! Seems like a quality set of open headphones, and at a ridiculous discount.

Speaking of which, can anyone confirm that they’re good headphones and that they’re great for the $35 price range?

I can’t comment on the Sennheiser HD 518 b/c I keep missing them as well! This morning, they were actually available until tried to buy them :frowning:

Hey, Woot! You’ve got three more buyers. How 'bout putting these back up?

(I know it doesn’t help, but it makes me feel better to pretend like it does…)

I think most pro-audio people stay away from Noise Cancellation because of the white noise it introduces into the sound. Don’t get me wrong from my earlier post. The Bose QC15s are probably one of the better Noise Cancellation headphones if that’s what you need.

Maybe you can start here Head-Fi Noise Cancellation Reviews

From what I’ve heard, they are good. Probably the only headphone out of the group currently being offered I would probably consider buying based upon reviews I’ve seen and price point and how I would use them.

So does anyone here actually own a pair of the Klipsch Mode M40s?

I’ve been looking at them for well over a year now. WOOT seems be be the cheapest place get them.

Has anyone actually had the “head in a vise” experience that seem to be the major “con” in reviews?

So I do own a pair

1. I have a 7 5/8 - 8 head… so I do have a big head

2. I wear them to handle phone calls , listen to streaming music and watch movies on

3. I wear them upwards of 8 - 10 hours a day with breaks

I did not have the vice grip on my head, occasionally my ears start to ring after wearing them

My wife actually made the most striking statement… You can’t hear yourself when talking on the phone…

Overall it fits my needs at the pricepoint… but might of gone Astrogaming headsets instead

Sony X are being sold for $99, NEW, over at Sony Store. REALLY WOOT?!

http://store.sony.com/x-headphones-zid27-MDRX10//cat-27-catid-All-Over-Head-Headphones

If I buy a pair, do I get the ones the model was wearing? At least then, I’d be secure I was spending so much money on headphones that work. ;D

Add another one that missed the 518’s AGAIN! grrrr

Sennheiser has better headphones. Personally love the HD 25-1 II, good deals on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TDZOXG