HP Pavilion Quad-Core Desktop with 1TB HDD, 6GB RAM & Windows 7

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

HP Pavilion Quad-Core Desktop with 1TB HDD, 6GB RAM & Windows 7
$419.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 HP P6520F Pavilion Desktop w/Athlon II Quad-Core 2.9GHz, 1TB, 6GB, 802.11n, Win 7 Home Prem 64

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Product Website

$510 refurbished on Amazon. The few reviews it has are good.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-p6520f-Desktop-PC/dp/B003L0OUKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1286946086&sr=8-1

Thats a big case; it would be hard to fit in my garbage can. Altho I am sure grandma could use a new compy…

Paid $450 for the 2.8 and no wireless N. Not cool! Meritline.com came through with a 300mbps usb adapter for $10 though…

250W power supply to run a quad-core???

Will it even be able to run a multi-threaded video rendering app, or something of similar nature?

I’m actually shopping around for a new computer for my relatives, but 250W?? I believe my original Pentium was running with one of these…

Bought this the last time around and it smokes! Amazing for the price.

4.1 average on the Buzzillions reviewer scale.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/hp-pavilion-p6520f-desktop-pc-reviews

Looks like no, as in zero, daughterboard (PCI or PCI-e) slots, so you would be stuck using the on-board sound and graphics. But that is not necessarily bad.

Try to find the slots in this photo…

Wireless N is great and all, but the fact that the machine has all this other stuff going for it and they didn’t bother to put a gigabit ethernet card in is a sad statement. I bought one similar to this for the office and was VERY disappointed to have to BUY a Gb NIC for it.

seems like a decent pc for the price

now i’ll just sit back and listen to everyone complain about the power supply and graphics card for the next 23.8 hours

bah i shoulda waited. i’m stuck with this one i got a month ago for $500…

HP Pavilion Dual Core Desktop with 7GB RAM and 1TB Hard Drive

Hmm, 6GB RAM… not bad.

What do I have to buy seperately to make this a decent gaming machine? Just a sweet video card? Any sub-$100 options?

They’re in there. There’s at least an x16 and x1 PCIe (maybe a few x1s).

Since every Woot! computer always gets the same forum posts, let me try and categorize them.

Let the complaining begin! Some suggestions:

-6 GB is too little
-6 GB? That’s 2+2+1+1??
-video card is crap
-power supply is too weak

Let the questions begin! Some suggestions:

-Is this okay for surfing the web?
-Can I use this in a vacuum?
-What?! No monitor?

sharedreviews

cnet

froogled

Yeah. Most regular folks will find no problems with this computer as an every day web surfing slash household budget tracking computer.

I bought this about 6 months ago. Great machine.

A couple things to keep in mind:

It’s only got a 250 w Power supply. I bought a bigger one for about $40…and got a better video card to handle dual monitors for about $60 online.

So…for about $550 I have a pretty good machine.