Huntspoint Gold Wagyu Brisket - Your Choice

Huntspoint Gold Wagyu Brisket - Your Choice

So I got this last time. Now don’t get me wrong. It was very good. But I didn’t feel it was so much better to justify the price. While the marbling made for very tender and tasty meat the excessive amount of fat between the flat and the point was too much at $10 a pound. I get USDA choice briskets around here for about $4 a pound and if prepared correctly would be every bit as good in the taste and texture department. So if you have a really good smoker, I have a RecTec pellet smoker, then by all means go for it if it’s a special occasion. I look forward to trying a Waygu ribeye at some point.

5 Likes

Agree with “checkssc”. I can also go to my local BBQ place and spend not much more per pound than this for amazing taste and quality, but its also fully cooked and ready to eat.

Bring those Wagyu Inside Skirt Steaks back, THEY’RE AMAZING AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

1 Like

I also agree with this. Good meat. Not better than what I can get locally for less money.

1 Like

Prime brisket at Costco for 3.29 a lb. I know this is probably measurably better, but not by price margin. You are going to smoke a brisket anyway and maybe add a little injection. Can’t see the taste of this justifying the price.

I got this last time and picked up another this time. Last time was the best brisket I’ve ever eaten in my life. It was every bit as good, or better, than what I had in Austin at La Barbecue. Maybe they can make a choice brisket taste that good, but even on my temperature controlled WSM, I cannot. Here in NJ, prime brisket costs the same or more than this at the local butcher, so I find this to be a great value.