Is there a SEARCH function for Woot deals? and How do you set-up email notification for a particular item?

Q1: Is there a SEARCH function for Woot deals?
(Search via name /model #?)

Way to Filter by price, etc?

Q2: How do you set-up email notification for a particular item?

/Price Alert?

2 Likes

On the right side there is a field box to use the ā€˜Google Custom Searchā€™, and it should find the item.

No way to set up email notifications.

1 Like

Thanks!

Note Iā€™d like to CLARIFY Iā€™m wondering if there is a way to search for a item via main Woot /listing pages, NOT via the forums.

(When I saw the Google Custom Search box (In the forums) I thought that might be a work-aroundā€¦ Search results left a lot to be desired.)

Search term used in Google Custom Search box:
ā€œYukon Tactical Scout Sling Packā€
(Which is listed HERE:
http://sport.woot.com/offers/tactical-scout-sling-pack-2-colors)

*Also searched with less words, and included ā€œWootā€. Adding Woot just giving a link to main Woot page (LOL)

SEARCH RESULTS ?=

Figured results would list the item near the top.
After enabling Googleapis scripting got 175 hitsā€¦

Havenā€™t seen the link for the item yet. Youā€™d think using the exact name used in the listing & ā€œWootā€ one of the first few links shown would take you right to the product page, but it didnā€™t.

Yeah, we donā€™t have a good search function yet. Itā€™s been on the list for a long time of things we want. :frowning:

3 Likes

What is the ETA on getting a proper search function added? 2020, 2025?
Seems like if itā€™s been on the list for a long time itā€™s time to put it on the priority, must do this week list.

Amazing oversight /omission.

You need to have a search function that allows a search via name, model #ā€¦

Along with a way to search via priceā€¦with the ability to sort via price.

Guess the thought process in not having a way to search is ā€œfear of lossā€ and/or you hope that persons see something of interest while on the site. Thing is most people donā€™t have TIME to diddy around, drill down thru all the listings.

Thanks for the info.
Real life calls. Got to go!

2 Likes

If itā€™s that serious, why not just use amazon? What if the item was sold out and thatā€™s why you can not find it? Just curiousā€¦

1 Like

2 years old and no search feature! itā€™s annoying, every online shop with 5 items have a search feature! It would be nice to search for all ā€œlogitechā€ items currently on the site! so many times I give up searching and scrolling pages, search is the easiest thing possible to implement next to echo ā€œhello worldā€. Iā€™ve literally seen something I wanted, lost the tab or something, but can never find where itā€™s buried.

I get bad headaches scrolling pages upon pages, while becoming ever frustrated.

This site exists to offer deals aside from Amazonā€™s main site, but it, and you say go away. go back to amazon. itā€™s probably been 2 years since they started sending me woot spam, and Iā€™ve had issues with the site all along. and Iā€™ve wanted to complain about the lack of a search feature the entire time, itā€™s google that brought me here asking it how to search this damn site!

It would be interesting to understand the logic, or lack thereof for not having a search feature. the internet literally exists on searching, all the way down to the root servers searching and connecting domains to ip address!

okā€¦ sorry for necroing this, that last post was annoying, and Iā€™ve been asking myself why there isnā€™t a search feature for too long.

3 Likes

I agree 100% with JSArencibia. Iā€™ve been a Woot customer for a long time, and Iā€™ve had the same issues about finding a product I might have seen and can no longer find it. A search feature would just help me find items I might be on the lookout for faster. Putting in a search function is not difficult, however, I believe Woot/Amazon wants us, or rather, forces us to browse through items, so we might find other things we donā€™t really need but end up buying anyway, just because it seems to be a good deal. Yes, Bad for the customers; yes, good for them. This is also another reason I donā€™t buy from woot as much anymore. I donā€™t like to be pushed around. They have a search option for t-shirts, why do they have one there? because they understand that for t-shirts there is more value for Woot.com to provide a search to customers.
I ask Woot to re-analyze this feature request. A long time ago, before Amazon bought them, they used to be more ā€œfriendlyā€ to customers. Maybe, they can show a hint of that spirit with a simple search feature for their products.

1 Like

Itā€™s something we think about often. We donā€™t carry a full range of products so a search function will most often return no results which is also a poor experience.

Sewing Machine
nope
Cricket cutter
nope
Dyson
nope

Ok that last one was a joke but you get the idea.

Iā€™ll pass on your feedback.

1 Like

Best way Iā€™ve found to search the site is just to use Googleā€™s functionality to search an entire website. For example, Iā€™m looking for a water hose reel on wootā€¦ so Iā€™d type the following in Google:
ā€œsite: www.woot.com hose reelā€ (without quotes). Then, instead of clicking on every single linked result, Iā€™ll just go to Images within Google.com search results and search visually to see if thereā€™s something worth clicking on. Itā€™s not efficient, but the best I have for Woot and valuable if youā€™re really hunting for a deal.

I see no reason why they couldnā€™t easily and cheaply insert the Google Search Appliance (yeah, thatā€™s old now but works). If thereā€™s no results, thatā€™s a perfect oppty to sell something similar, track what people are shopping for, etc. (ahhh Marketing, Insights/Analytics) Anyone who knows Woot, knows its hit or miss and timing has to be right in order to find a dealā€¦ I donā€™t think thatā€™s a bad experience on this site. And thereā€™s plenty of crafty ways to sort out sold out items, explain no results, etc. to improve the UX. Boggles the mind why thereā€™s no search.

Orā€¦ Iā€™m a complete moron and thereā€™s a search function somewhere that I canā€™ find. Itā€™s plausible.

2 Likes

I get this, but wonder if thereā€™s some sort of bold, italic, all-caps language you can use on the search page to explain how Woot works?

In fact, why not make the search function such that when a search turns up a ā€œnope,ā€ thereā€™s a listing of results below that showing the results from the same search at Amazon?

Possible language: ā€œSORRY! We donā€™t have any [widgets] on WOOT right now! But we found these [widgets] at our parent site AMAZON that you might be interested in. And check back, because we might get a shipment of [widgets] in soon!ā€

6 Likes

PLEASE make some sort of search! I see your e-mails with your deals (often with photos with links that take you to a category or a clearance page with no way to find the product I am interested in. I have spent 15-20 minutes clicking through pages to find what I am looking for today alone just to find that it is not available in the size I would need! If you are not going to create a search, CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE AN OPTION TO ā€œSHOW ALLā€ instead of clicking on the ā€œNEXTā€ page 40 times and wasting countless hours of my time? Then I can so a ā€œfindā€ search on the text that is displayed on the ā€œ40 pagesā€ worth of items.

3 Likes

See All is a good suggestion. Iā€™ll pass that along. Weā€™ve got a lot on our plate in development so no overnight cure.

All Deals may be a better option for you. You can sort by price, new, category, etc.

1 Like

Well I guess not 2020. This site is ridiculous, no search option yet and this site that been around for years. :man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3:

We aim to disappoint. We seem to be doing pretty well.

7 Likes

No search function makes this site a non starter for many. The owner (Jeff baby) expects us to waste the hours away looking at anything and everything. Oh, and no search function will also prevent this site from actually competing with amazon.

1 Like

We are a browsing site. Itā€™s hard to have a search when you donā€™t carry a full product line. Most searches would not return anything and thatā€™s not a good experience either.

2 Likes

Technically Groupon is a browsing site also, but they still have a search feature. It even has a <3 or save feature. And it has just as many items sell out.

My biggest issue with Woot not having a search or save/favorite list goes like this: ā€œOh thatā€™s a cool thing, I really want that.ā€ Something reallife comes up - phone call, dog needs out, etc. Come back to find the app was accidentally closed and now I canā€™t find the item I was looking at, without hours of potential scrolling through lists. Its not that I missed the deal, itā€™s that I cant find the deal again.

Iā€™m more frustrated by - I saw it, and now I canā€™t find it again. Then Iā€™ve been trying to see if a deal might be available.

My only ā€œsolutionā€ has been to immediately place an item in the cart if Iā€™m remotely interested in it, so it isnā€™t lost.
Bad thing about this option is I canā€™t just purchase one item from the cart without removing the other items, so I still loose many items.

3 Likes

Search the forums for the thing and sort by latest topic. If it was listed correctly itā€™ll be there.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a big if. #wootoops

3 Likes