Kalorik 2 Quart Deep Fat Fryer with Removable Bowl

I always eat my vegetables… deep fried and dipped in chocolate.

Can I use this for other cooking methods like boiling, stewing?

This is the advice I have been using and giving for decades:

I believe the reason “ancient” oil is not dangerous is because of how hot is is in use.
After heating it to 375 degrees, anything that was in it is dead, dead, dead. I suspect the same ancient oil could be very dangerous if eaten cold.

Finding reviews on this product seems to be a trick… Here’s ONE on Sears

This will come in handy during football season for making buffalo wings!

Wouldn’t work well since the heating element would be immersed in the food,burning it.
I use a big cast iron dutch oven with a fry basket and digital candy/fry thermometer.I’ve tried lots of electric fryers and the biggest problem is temp recovery time,especially with frozen foods.Drop it in at 375 and in seconds you are at 250.The less food in each batch the less of a problem it is.The keys to proper frying temps are heat source,oil volume and pan material.I like cast iron for the thermal mass,and a larger amount of oil for the same reason,though oil can get expensive.Plus of course a dutch oven has many uses,not just frying.
Disposal?My city runs their trucks on biodiesel.I just take my used oil to any fire station for collection.

Well I don’t know so much about what to do with it after you’re done. Filtering it is what I usually do. But I know NOT what to do with it. DO NOT pour it down your drains. It mixes with the sewer water and congeals and adds to grease already in the sewer. Grease in the lines creates a nasty mess for city employees who have to clean it out of there. Like me. If there is enough grease in the line it will cause a stoppage in the line and could stop up your own sewer and possibly flood you out. Sewer in your house? All over the floors and in sinks and stuff? I’ve seen it personally happen, a lot. Please don’t just pour it down your drains.

Deep fryers are terrible to use for Latkas, I know because I tried to use one before and made a bad mess.

I am concerned about the glass bowl and whether it can withstand the high temperatures of hot oil and a metal basket hitting it all the time.

This deep fryer looks pretty but not sure how practical it is for real cooking use.

$125.99 on sale at sears.com - I’m thinkling about deep fried twinkies!

A salad spinner is a very useful addition to a kitchen.

Right, as I’m sipping my “pod” Keurig coffee, and since when are wire skewers expensive gadgets? I’m a gadget gal and find I use everything I buy…thinking about buying this gadget also :0) Now where’s that salad shooter…

Ever heard of Pyrex?

Cannola oil is the only way to go…

Atleast somewhat healthy but expensive…

I will only use peanut oil on the outside fryer with Emerald’s Turkey recipe…

some great reviews of the item here.

I’d actually like to have this for occasional use, but I just don’t have the money left for anything after Christmas. I’m hoping to see it in a future woot-off, at some time when I actually have money in the bank. :confused:

Who’s “Emerald”…the Irish version of Emeril?

Broke down and bought it…the round design is excellent for my yeast donuts…the kind you throw in a beg of cinammon sugar while they’re still warm. And the chicken wings, and battered 'shrooms and cauliflower,oh, and can’t forget the fried icecream…the Grands love that! Ok, I’m happy now! And for those who are afraid of frying, if done right and at the proper temp, there is very litle fat absorbed.

Ditto. I’ve been wanting a new deep fryer for a while now and I really don’t think I’m going to run across one that’s going to be any easier to clean than this, so in for 1.