LG C9 4K Smart OLED TV + AI ThinQ

LG C9 4K Smart OLED TV + AI ThinQ

I bought one of these and it had a defect in the screen. I wouldn’t believe it happened during shipping, it was ok for about 15 minutes running…

It doesn’t take much to damage these thin screen TVs unfortunately. Reach out to Woot CS and they’ll help you.

From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Already have sent the pictures etc. I would like a ticket number something that says it will be taken care of or someone is responsible.

Woot CS will respond pretty quick. Watch your email (and spam folders).

I cannot stress enough to anyone reading this. DO NOT TRUST WOOT AND DO NOT BUY THIS TV FROM THEM!

My SECOND, I repeat, SECOND, replacement C9 arrived today. As soon as I opened the box there was a label LARGE YELLOW UNMISTAKABLE LABEL on the back of TV articulating what the problem was and why it was returned in Jan “Line[s] on screen”

One would think this was fixed before being resold to consumers. ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I set it up, powered it up, and the exact problem called out on the repair tag sticker was present on the screen. A line of dead pixels in the center of the screen running top to bottom on every source input.

There is no way Woot or ThunderThighs can blame this on the shipper either. This is just straight fraud and negligence.

Two TVs bought and two had issues - one labeled with the exact issue they sent it to me with. The odds of this being chance are not possible.

Woot is repacking and reselling broken TVs and labeling them as refurbished although absolutely NO Q/C, repair or certification has taken place.

This is inexcusable, unethical, and an immoral business practice that takes advantage of consumers. I now think it’s time I send a note to the FTC, BBB, and an attorney demanding to see the inspection and technical report and repairs they perform or their what their audit is of the 3rd party is who does this on their behalf.

2 weeks ago I was a disappointed consumer. Today I am an irate and insulted consumer.

I am not spending a minute of my time taking down yet another TV, packing up 90lbs and lugging down 3 flights to drop it off at UPS.

Woot wants to sell broken and unverified products, then they will pay to send an expediter or installer to my home to handle the labor and logistics of removal and return.

My time also has value. Woot must respect this.

So I just got a phone call from the delivery people that the truck delivering this TV was involved in an accident and the trailer flipped over. So I’m guessing yeah, this TV was damaged pretty good.

Hopefully we can resolve this issue quickly. If I have to start quarantining myself soon, I’m going to need some kind of distraction.

Yikes, I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help. If they do even attempt to deliver it, I would not let them leave until you check the TV.

Already on it with AJ, who handles this sort of thing. I’m guessing a new one is going to be sent regardless. I know how thin those things are. I’m trying to see if I can get White Glove Delivery because of this snafu, especially if there’s even a question of a defect.

Same issue here, white line on the right side of the screen. Woot offered me $250 and I took it.

Now here’s why - I was able to fix it in 5 minutes. First and foremost find a point where the line disappears when you press it. Then take a hairdryer and heat up the spot real good. Don’t worry, OLED screens can take some serious heat. After about 20-30 seconds apply pressure from both sides of the screen to let whatever is loose inside stick together.

Week later no issues whatsoever, final price is $1250 before taxes.