Midnight Mobile Madness: 8/10-8/15

MidnightMadness_Blog_600x200

HOW DOES THIS WORK?

1. Get the Woot! app if you don’t already have it.

2. From Monday, August 10 - Friday 14, we’ll release a special product on the main page of the Woot! app right at midnight CT.

3. It will look just like the other products on the main page, and it will have its regular price, BUT its image will say "$1 on the Woot! app"

4. Add that product to your cart, and the price will magically drop to $1 at checkout!

5. QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED. These will probably sell out in the first minute or two, so be ready!

6. You may be placed into Woot!'s (in)famous Vestibule of Patience while you’re trying to purchase – this is a way for us to make the app doesn’t crash from too much demand. It does NOT guarantee that you’ll be able to complete your purchase.

OK, happy hunting and happy Woot! App! Week!

8 Likes

@Narfcake

I don’t believe that your Windows Phone will help in this case.

2 Likes

Y’alls app sucks so bad it’ll probably explode when everyone tries to buy this.

7 Likes

Feature request - little chat room for those waiting on the VoP. I know this would defy the purpose of the VoP, but at least we could have some fun while waiting. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Amen.

Plus the app has been this overall and general format and version for over a year… when exactly is the point that calling it a “brand new app” gets ridiculous? (Especially when it feels like it shouldn’t even be out of beta yet)

6 Likes

Midnight CT or 1:00 AM ET and I get up at 5:00 AM for work. I’m out.

8 Likes

Oh come on - thats 1AM eastern - we oldies are not not supposed to stay up that late… and the people from the west coast are going to steal all these deals :frowning:

11 Likes

Yes. That would defeat the purpose of the VoP.
You’re supposed to sit, festering in a pit of misery as you see your chances of victory slip away.

8 Likes

Same

And how is this any different from when Woot drops regular nonsense?

Besides, we all know the app will charge regular price plus shipping. Then we have to deal with regular CS who are terrible.

Got it for $1.

Yay!!!

Now to see what it is that I bought…

7 Likes

But I don’t have the Phillips hue system!

Great deal! Now to see if I have anything it’ll work with.

I have absolutely no use for this but yay for getting one, anyway…?? I’m not sure anymore.

4 Likes

Ehhh… decided to leave them all for you.

Awww…

You shouldn’t have.

No. Seriously.

You shouldn’t have.

2 Likes

GOOD JOB EVERYONE! THE APP DIDN’T BREAK AND SOME NICE PEOPLE GOT A $1 PRODUCT.

SEE YOU TOMORROW NIGHT, I GUESS…

6 Likes

Some nice people, and me.

2 Likes

Nice people? Here?

In other news, when I said I wanted a Switch, this was not the kind I had in mind. Please post a fully working actual Nintendo Switch for a dollar tomorrow night that won’t sell out before I buy one. Thanks so much.

6 Likes

I’ll sell one to you for $400…

We’ve been over this. I have Star Wars Monopoly money, though. I’d even give you an extra hundred.