(NEW) Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) Smart display with Alexa

(NEW) Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) Smart display with Alexa

The third generation is currently $10 more from the overlord.

5 Likes

Good to know. Thank you.

1 Like

And there’s a bundle with a free light bulb for the 3rd gen for $39.99

7 Likes

I wish this was show 8. I missed it out the last time is was up for sale. I bought a ring doorbell package and the show 5 is smaller that I expected so really on the lookout for a deal the 8.

2 Likes

They have the 1st Gen Show 8 as well: (NEW) Amazon Echo Show 8 (1st Gen, 2019 release)

3 Likes

Even better, there is a bundle with a smart bulb for the same +$10. $40 bundle.

2 Likes

BestBuy has Echo Show 8 2nd gen (2021) for $55 with free $20 smart bulb + 4 months SiriusXM

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-echo-show-8-2nd-gen-2021-release--hd-smart-display-with-alexa-and-13-mp-camera-charcoal/6461328.p?skuId=6461328

2 Likes

This one lacks a 3.5mm audio output. Do not want.

None of them are quite the right mix.
But there is hope.

I recently got the 3rd gen one and $30 would be more than I’d pay for it, now that I know how mediocre it is. I suppose if you really like being notified that Thursday Night Football is coming up it might be good. Otherwise, the display is not fast or smart, the sound has the reverberations of an old coffee can and customizing its feed, to the extent that you can customize it, is slow and clunky.

Purchased one two (?) years ago from a similar Woot deal. Was just looking for a simple alarm clock that I could personalize with a photo slideshow. Over time the device has become a billboard for ads that “can” be shut off … but that reappear anyway. And new “sponsored” ads that apparently cannot be shut off. If you like being told what to buy, this is a great unit, and underpriced.

1 Like

Thank you. I must have been looking at an old post that showed sold out.

Ohhh, yeah I gotta go with the better deal. Thanks

While this says “new”, I definitely received a used one. The box was bulging from the contents not seated well and the seal was broken but taped over with clear tape. I am requesting a replacement or refund.

You emailed customer service right?

This listing says “new” but when I got mine it was registered to someone else so it was a return or refurbished. It works and looks fine but selling as new is deceptive.

I’m very sorry. They should have been new. Looks like there was some mixed inventory. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.