(NEW) Master & Dynamic MW07 True Wireless Earbuds

Give it a full overnight charge. If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Please allow 24h for them to respond.

1 Like

I bought it last week, testing the battery and how long it last.

1 Like

I’ve posted on these before. They’re beautiful, well made, and sound very good. But the batteries are garbage. I owned two pairs of the originals back in 2018 and paid $250+ for each. I had both the blue and the tortoiseshell. After less than a year, they would both start playing an annoying low battery chime after roughly an hour to an hour and a half of use. Being within the year warranty, I emailed M&D and they informed me that the batteries were only warrantied for 90 days. 90 days!! Being almost a year later, they told me to pound sand. When the MW07+ came oit, I learned my lesson and bought and extended warranty. The plus version lasted much longer initially, but eventually had the same issue. For $32 I’m considering getting a pair for beaters, even if they only last a few months. Reading the comments has made me think that these are probably mostly DOA lol.

4 Likes

Mine arrived today. Testing battery life now, hopefully it lasts the advertised duration or at least close to it.

I initially purchased 2 pair, the second set (Tortoise shell) arrived yesterday, out of the Box the left bud was dead, didn’t have enough juice to even light up the left light on the charge case. Plugged them in and let them sit for about 30 minutes and to my surprise, the light did come on…about an hour later and it was fully charged. After an hour and a half of listen to music, my phone said the bats were down to 60%… I gotta say, listen to Bread’s “Guitar man” from an Ultra stream on Amazon, it really lets these buds shine.

3 Likes

I received mine today removed all plastic and let it give it a full charge where they LEDs were green they lasted all of 30 seconds and died. Gonna keep it on the charger longer and see what happens. Hopefully I didn’t receive a bad product. I know it’s an old product and batteries die eventually but 30 seconds is just upsetting.

2 Likes

Give them a full long charge, pls.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I’ve had a little better luck.

I took a shot on these. Believe the 1 star reviews, my pair will not charge. The sound is good, even compared to my higher end earbuds.

2 Likes

Yeah, just got mine in and so far even though the case thinks they are fully charged, they power down around 10s after being connected due to a dead battery. This is the downside to a lithium based battery being left in storage so long…being these are clearly old models on closeout its possible these things haven’t had a a proper charge since they were made a few years ago. Hoping they’ll eventually get above the minimum operating voltage and start holding a real charge…else the battery may simply be unrecoverable which would be a shame.

3 Likes

@harrisjo and @mssokoloff please let them charge overnight or maybe 24 hours, if you haven’t already. That seems to be a thing with a variety of earbuds.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible). Please allow 24h for them to respond.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

These automatically stop charging once they think they’re full. An overnight charge does nothing. These are pretty old tiny batteries that have been completely neglected for about 5 years. Seems like the odds are against these still working. I’m on my 3rd and last pair with these. First one left was DOA, 2nd only holds charge for 15-20 min, 3rd… We’ll see.

3 Likes

Can they be opened/disassembled to replace the batteries, if you’re a super nerd? I know some (old Galaxy buds?) can and some can’t…

(Edit: here’s official teardown photos https://fccid.io/2AGA7MW07R/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-3944172 doesn’t look impossible if you find that kind of battery…)

1 Like

I let them warm up then charged overnight. Just a thought, mine came with a clear plastic film over the contacts. Needless to say, they didn’t charge. Ran for about an hour then dead. WTF!
Then I discovered my you’re a dummy! Finally got them sized. So far I like them.

1 Like

On my iPhone, they only work as a pair. As soon as I took one out of an ear, the other one stopped too. With my iPad, they randomly played the shut-down chime, disconnected, then reconnected. After the fifth time in 10 minutes, I gave up.

Glad you mentioned this. I would have done the same thing. Just got mine, removed the film and charging now. Just as I’m typing this the indicator lights went from red to orange after about 20 min… fingers crossed…

I’ve been using them for some days now, and I’m very happy with the performance. They’re holding a charge quite well and the sound is very balanced. I own a lot of expensive buds, but I’m amazed what we just got for 32 bucks. These are very good earbuds.

2 Likes

Wow by far the longest thread (if that’s a correct way to put it) I’ve seen on Woot!
I am going to buy these just so I can participate in this epic saga.
Edit:
Got mine, delivered yesterday and ordered just because… annnd woot! These are phenomenal sounding and mine worked just out of the box, were charged both box and buds. Followed instructions to remove plastic, charge before first use etc, etc… and I am blown away how good they are now let’s hope they last but there’s nothing to complain for me… only complaint
If any is the box and buds do get uncomfortably hot when getting charged and a min or so after I unplugged…
Maybe I took a chance and got luck or Lucky just for now :grin:

1 Like

Gotta say that I’m impressed. Zero issues charging once I realized there were tiny plastic pieces over the contacts on the earbuds in the case. (Never seen that before)

Sound really is impressive for a wireless bud. For reference I use Samsung Bud 2 as my primary and Anker Soundcore P2s as my garage buds. These sound better than the Samsung, BUT as everyone knows already, older tech. No ambient pass thru. Thats ok for my use.

One other positive, I can sleep with these in. They don’t fall out, and even on my side, they don’t dig into my ear, and since there is no touch sensor, nothing to disable in an app.

I haven’t used them more than 2 hours at a time, but battery hasn’t dropped below 40% (according to my phone- pixel 6 pro) .

You can use one at a time with one in the charger. You just need to hit play in your app since it’ll stop automatically when you remove one from your ear. Play button is on the right bud, volume on the left.

4 Likes

I have experienced EXACTLY the same issue - ordered these because i stupidly thought it looked like a great deal, waited, oh… I dunno, maybe 2 solid weeks for them to arrive, only to find that the left earbud, presumably because they are from 2018 and without a doubt the batteries have long-since degenerated away into dried-up Li-ion remnants and dust, functions not at all, whatsoever…
So contacted woot customer service, waited for maybe a week for anyone to respond at all, and each and every correspondence with customer service and in attempting to get a replacement set or refund has proven to take a MINIMUM of 2-3 BUSINESS days… And we’re not even close to a resolution yet…
I’m so tired of every single company i deal with, at least over the course of the past several years, being on total bullshit, woot, every company included… They seem more than pleased to ship out essentially trash products (services as well), delay every step at all times, always, for seemingly non-existent or completely arbitrary reasons, and are beyond hesitant to right any wrongs, replace any garbage items, or in any way, shape, or form correct anything at all or for any reason whatsoever. It’s been getting on my last nerve from even before what all the walking, taking zombies enthusiastically refer to as a “terrifying, deadly worldwide pandemic,” but been exponentially exasperated by the aforementioned total farce, as now these bogus companies feel more than free to just do whatever they please and get away with it without the slightest hint of any repercussions whatsoever - it’s beyond sickening and i cannot wait until all of these companies that have wronged us this whole time begin closing up shop and then disappearing from all memory as a direct result of their disgusting practices…
Sorry to hijack your comment and proceed to wig out and drone on and on about my stupid personal problems, but I’m almost completely through with this abhorrent New World and everything comprising it. So much so that i feel it necessary to inject negative-energy essays where- and whenever the opportunity presents itself, which is becoming more frequently by the minute, it seems…

[TT: Hi there. Checked in with CS. They’ve been responding to you the next business day of each of your contacts. They’ve heard from the vendor now and are getting your a replacement with a return for the one you have]