Philips 32” 720p LCD HDTV

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Philips 32" 720p LCD HDTV
$299.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Philips 32PFL3504D 32" LCD HDTV w/Pixel Plus HD & 3 HDMI

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Does anyone even buy 720p? Why wouldn’t you just go for the 1080p?

woot sure does put up a lot of TVs from Philips

but I never see any with Ambilight :frowning:

Product Website

Manual

Better deal then what Amazon offers…

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-32PFL3505D-F7-32-Inch-Black/dp/B003IT6Z40/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288501418&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Found some reviews

Best buy
Amazon

720p is more than enough for a 32" television for the bedroom. And it’s generally cheaper.

I bought this about a year ago and it was great for 11 months. The picture is good, the built in speakers are good.

However, it did go out after 11 months of daily use, so be sure to pick up your warranty.

I have been wondering about how much difference there really is between 720p and 1080p? Because the prices on the 720p is cheaper… When can you mostly see the difference? Blue Rays and video games or can you see a difference just watching TV?

Previous Woot

Was hoping for something scary. Tv’s are not scary…til they die in the middle of your favorite show. AHHHHH!!!

One would think, that with all the technological know-how, that one could provide adequate user-server response other than 47 second web page download and 29 second inter-web page download… booooo!!!

At 32", 1080p is only needed if you use it as a computer monitor.

Why not 199! :frowning:

a 32" LCD with 720p and a refurb? You’ll probably get a brand new one for much less, especially by the end of the year. I’ve already seen a few posted on various deal sites at the $300 pricepoint. Heck I’ve even seen some 1080p sets around that price too.

Black friday will easily have some $199-249 32" 720p sets.

This is a weak woot IMO.

720P and 1080P are the figures they use for the vertical resolution for HDTV screens. For example a HDTV with “720P” would be 1280X720 pixels. While “1080P” is 1920X1080 pixels.
There can either be a “i” or a “p” after the number, these indicate whether the video is interlaced (i), or non-interlaced (p).

Got this same TV when Woot offered back in August. Same price as then. Works great, 720P looks great in HD at this size - got the Square Trade warranty though…

cnet review

ZDnet

retrevo

It really is quite sad to see that woot has become nothing more than a peddler of defective Philips products. Philips must just ship everything it makes out as refurbished since it does not even work long enough to make it out of the factory. I personally have been burned twice by Philips products and will never buy another. (The store I work at also sells their products, and many are returned due to problems such as overheating, cold solder joints, etc.)

Philips has gone the way of Westinghouse. They use the name as a means of selling to those who do not look at the actual quality of the products behind the name. This is why many elderly people who grew up with companies like Westinghouse, RCA, and Philips/Magnavox will purchase these brands today. These companies use their familiar name to get people to buy their products.
In marketing this is called “Brand Recognition” and it is amazingly successful at helping companies maintain sales regardless of the quality of the products that they are selling.

It is good that today is Halloween as this woot, and the one on sellout, should hopefully scare you away from purchasing them.

In all fairness, Philips does make some good products, just not many that I have seen in recent years.