Philips Active Noise Canceling Headphones

can I use this with my NOkia E71???

I bought these at TJ Max a year ago… They are very quiet and very junky… The battery compartment will pull the buds out of your ears when you walk… Bad Woot

Theoretically you could, but I would opt for a better pair of headphones than these.

I bought these last time. pretty decent sound. noise cancelling works, although it isn’t as effective as a set of $350 Bose headphones.

But, for a cheap set of ear buds I think they are worth woot’s price.

I have a pair that I spent $20-30 on at Target a while back. The sound seemed fine, but the heavy battery pack made it useless for me at the gym. You can’t exercise or otherwise move much without the heavy battery pack swinging around. Also, I kept forgetting to turn off the noise cancelation switch and would burn out the battery. I don’t use them anymore.

Anything with the Phillips name should only be sold at garage sales

Seems like Woot always sells another pair of headphones when I break the old ones I bought from them last month.

I got a pair back a a local sale once- they sucked. not very good as headphones to begin with (prefer the cheap skullcandys, myself) and the only noticable effect of turning the noise cancelation on was a background hiss.

I have a set of these. They sound fine if you take the battery out and use them as normal headphones.

It’s a bird! Is it?

That’s what you get for buying personal electronics at a discount clothing store. I’m sure they would have sounded much better if you had purchased them from woot as God intended…

I love it when I look at the quality posts and see that every post is either a question about the product, or some terrible review/bash of the product.

Thanks for being honest Woot! Rock on

Woot hired a product stylist? Looks like Snoopy!

From my experience, they work good without the battery in or turned on. But when you turn it on, it does a GREAT job of canceling out noise, especially on airplanes, which is why I bought them to begin with. If only the would make an iphone version with the microphone…

jvc marshmallow ($14.75 amazon)
Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds, look for them @ amazon there are some fake ones around, so as long that you get them from amazon directly (and not from the market place)

As a military linguist I wear headphones for 8 hours a day. I’ve used 3 different brands of $300+ models provided to me and they all use noise canceling. The noise cancellation is negligible on all of them. Over the ear headphones do more for canceling out white noise than anything in-ear that I’ve used.

Quality headphones with good noise canceling are pretty expensive. I’m guessing these work about about as good as you’d expect an $8 set of headphones to work.

In for 2… Sucker.

My Woots:
07/12/2009 - 1 - Bullstuff Birthday Light Promotion (Shoulda been an “8”)
05/15/2009 - 3 - Shocking Cell Phone (Good for a laugh or two)
04/17/2009 - 2 - Home & Car Rapid Charger w/ AA & AAA Batteries (4 Woots our of 5)
01/29/2009 - 1 - Pure Digital Flip Ultra Series F260 Camcorder (Daughter LOVES it)
11/21/2008 - 1 - Star Wars Vault: 30 Years of Treasures (Great WOOT!)
10/25/2008 - 1 - Garmin Streetpilot c510 3.5 (2 Thumbs Up!)
09/23/2008 - 2 - Velocity Micro Ultimate Keyboard (Lights TOO dark! Otherwise OK)
09/01/2008 - 1 - Soyo Bluetooth Stereo Headset with Transmitter (Junk Drawer Krap)
05/09/2008 - 3 - Mighty Kite Mini-Kite (Now THESE were Krap!)
05/01/2008 - 2 - Philips Prestigo 10 Device Universal Remote Control (These sucked)
04/29/2008 - 1 - Philips 80 Watt Power Inverter - 2 Pack (Decent deal)
02/22/2008 - 1 - Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick (Never used)
12/21/2007 - 2 - V7 5.6" Digital Photo Frame (Great frame!)
11/05/2007 - 3 - Sandisk Sansa e250 2GB MP3 Player & FM Tuner (Very good player)
10/18/2007 - 2 - Halberd 31-Piece Roadside Emergency Kit (In my cars now)
10/08/2007 - 1 - Pinnacle PCTV HD Card (Never Installed)
08/14/2007 - 1 - Sandisk Memory Stick Pro 512MB – 2 Pack (Awesome)
08/08/2007 - 1 - LG Bluetooth Headset (Didn’t last)
07/04/2007 - 1 - Vector 17 Liter Travel Cooler & Warmer Console (Handy Item)
05/01/2007 - 3 - Toshiba USB Optical Scroll Mouse – 2 Pack (Great in an emergency)

WOW, got this off the FAQ from Phillips. - [url=]Philips Online FAQ - SHN2500/00

as if we need more iPod wielding drones that are completely blocking out reality. I swear if I come close to hitting one with my car again because they just cross the street w/out looking i’m going to get out of my car and… and… well anyway, another day, another Woot.