Portable Sonar Fish Finder

you should hit it; it’s just too low priced…there is no guarantee you will catch fish with it, but it’s good to know that you aren’t dropping line on where you know there isn’t any, that is the real benefit of a unit like this…and it’s also nice to know the depth…

either spend the $25 here (and i’ve never seen a fish finder this cheap) or spend $150+ on a real nice sonar (like the Hummingbird models; i got one)…

Ordered one early this morning before church. I can’t wait to play with this on the ICW! Brackish water about 50% salt water.

Who needs a boat. For twenty bucks you can use it to find your toes in a murky hot tub!

The features for this products say “for extreme east of use”. Maybe that’s why it’s on Woot, it doesn’t work “west of use”.

I am wondering how well this would work for stream/tributary fishing for Steelhead. If you can’t scope out the contours (which are always changing) in the summers, this may be a good tool to help when the fish makes their runs.

For $20, I am not too confident it will blow me away but it could meet its value for depth readings alone.

If you have a boat, look into Eagle finders as they typically are last years’ Lowrance models.

I think I am going to be in for one, maybe two!

Lmao. I think I will be in for one. I am on the East coast afterall. Gonna think about it til the last minute, and if it sells out, it wasn’t meant to be.

anybody else get a good laugh from the features?

First it says: “Just throw the float mounted sonar into the water and watch the display for fish as well as the depth of water”, next line down it says: “Go fishing from anywhere, boat, shore, dock, or bridge”

BUT…how big is the screen display to be able to see this if you tossed it from a bridge or dock? AND…who uses a depth finder from shore???

This screen display cant be more than an inch or two, so unless your sitting darn near right on top of it or its directly to your side from a boat…ITS USELESS!!

Bonus point for ice fishing use!

frozen water fishing? lol.

you must be from the south, up here its called ice fishing!

ewwwwww

im taking a vaca in canadia right now funney u should say that but hey u could drive a couple miles down the border and get a po box set up so this dosnt happen again. if you’re allowed to i dont know.

I know, I thought that was funny too. I was just repeating what the video said. Their copywriters must be from the south :slight_smile:

In for one. Used my coupon.

In for two.
Forgot to use my coupon.

I just bought my first woot!!! I go fishing on a regular basis, kinda religous. Anyways, I found this at Target for $89. I’m going to put this in my tackle box and when I’m not catching fish I will use it. If you will learn how to basicly use a fish finder I think this will come handy in average lakes and rivers. May not be the best for use as a boat fish finder(they make fish finders for boats, this is not one).

how do you get a coupon for woot?

We dole them out depending on different situations: if we’re feeling giving, if we’re celebrating our anniversary, your birthday, or if we’ve screwed something up. The trick is that we link the coupon code with specific users, so even though ONEBAG is a $5 off coupon, it can only be used by the users that we personally told have a coupon. And yes we can look that up.

Yeah well, you can look up the fact that I forgot to use it.

That’s cool though. Used it over at shirt woot today. Got a brand new XL shirt that my wife will be embarassed to be seen with me while wearing it for only five bucks.

Shipping Update

Portable Sonar Fish Finder has completely shipped out. All tracking has been emailed this morning to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Arrived today (8/8). Major league surprise considering SmartPost past performance. Hope they can keep it up.

I ordered one for my father’s B’Day. I received it then mailed it to his house. He opened it yesterday (8/24) and it was defective. The super cool people at woot not only replaced it but they shipped it directly to my dad’s house.
Thanks for standing by your product woot!