Post Mongering 12/16/21 - 12/17/21 (Part 1)

sam richardson GIF by Team Coco

1 Like

Author’s Foreword

I had very little idea what this story was going to be about when I came up with the title. That happens sometimes. In fact, this is nothing like what I would have expected at the time.
When I first thought of the mini-trilogy made up of Tempting The Fates, Teasing the Furies, and Inspiring the Muses my idea was to feature either previously supporting characters such as Inanna in the first book, or entirely new characters. I did both in the second, featuring Jael/Rona and the new character, Evrona. But until nearly the end of Teasing the Furies I still wasn’t sure how I would cap this series within a series. And then Enki got an idea about owning and running a school and I knew I had something.
Well, then what? The rest came fairly easily. I already had some young characters who were roughly of college age and once again, I decided to follow Evrona, the teen-aged fury, although this time she has Eddy Salem’s granddaughter, Amelia Terrula along as well, so perhaps I did continue to feature previously minor characters.
Is this the end of this series within a series? Well maybe not. I suppose I could have Grooming the Graces (or should that be Chastising the Charetes?), Howling with the Keres, Swimming with the Graia, Praying with the Litae and A Season with the Horae (The list goes on: Gorgons, Titanides, Harpies) and maybe I will or won’t. That may all depend on how the muses feel toward me now that I’ve featured them in a story. However, in the meantime I have a related series on tap, Dancing with the Sphinx and while I’ll say no more about it now, there are hints about it in this book and the last.
Enjoy!
Jonathan E. Feinstein
Westport, MA
October 22, 2009

3 Likes

2 Likes

trying to distract me from mongering with an Annie Murphy gif? its working!

1 Like

monger

2 Likes
# Past Mongering Threads Start End Posts Wieners Last Summary Did not respond Did not reveal Overall %
1 NEED SOME POSTS 9/24/20 @ 12:41pm 9/26/20 @ 12:59pm 3500 6 Post Mongering: 8/12-8/13 (Part 2) - #15900 by FrostByte (0) (0) 100%
2 POST MONGERING: 12/28-12/31 12/28/20 @ 12:00am 1/1/21 @ 12:00am 16500 17 POST MONGERING: 12/28-12/31 (Part 1) - #19399 by FrostByte (1) slinkydogg (0) 100%
3 POST MONGERING: 4/1-4/4 4/1/21 @ 12:00 am 4/4/21 @ 11:59pm 28000 28 POST MONGERING: 4/1-4/4 (Part 2) - #10416 by FrostByte (1) nicealves (1) duckyducky 96%
4 Post Mongering: 5/27-5/29 5/27/21 @ 12:00am 5/29/21 @ 11:59pm 39000 42 Post Mongering: 5/27-5/29 (Part 3) - #2918 by FrostByte (1) nathanwhat (1) chrisykincaid 98%
5 Post Mongering: 8/12-8/13 8/12/21 @ 12:00am 8/13/21 @ 5:00pm 34000 36 Post Mongering: 8/12-8/13 (Part 2) - #17017 by FrostByte (2) ChrisPUT, SassyBeard (0) 100%
6 Post Mongering 10/14/21 10/14/21 @ 9:00am 10/15/21 @ 9:00am 24000 25 Post Mongering 10/14/21 (Part 2) - #5870 by FrostByte (0) (0) 100%
4 Likes

2 Likes

I was having a rough start to the morning but it’s post mongering time so I’m doing great now! How are you doing?

3 Likes

sexy youre welcome GIF by Satisfaction

4 Likes

Glad to hear

2 Likes

Inspiring the Muses

Prologue

“You want me to what?” Jael asked in utter astonishment and disbelief. She whipped her head around and her long, shiny black hair spun around wildly with the motion and yet even in the mild breeze, not a single strand got in her face. She stood an inch taller than the older male with whom she had been walking across the small college campus. Towering over the ivy-covered buildings were some of the mountains that comprised Killington Basin in Vermont. From their vantage, she knew it would have been possible to spot Pico Peak as well, had the air been clear that afternoon, but the summer haze blocked that view.
The campus itself was a well-groomed collection of buildings and lawns, liberally speckled with tall sugar maples that might have been there before the establishment of the campus itself. Looking at the bark, Jael spotted more than a few tell-tale scars, indicating they had been tapped for their sap and she realized that activity was still going on here each spring.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Added to the office decorations @davejlives @ThunderThighs
20211216_083624_1

6 Likes

AMAZING

3 Likes

monger monger monger

2 Likes

D Alphabet GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

1 Like

“I was hoping you would handle comparative religions,” Enki told her, meeting her fiery violet eyes with his own cool, clear blue ones. He too had black hair, but his was in tight curls. His beard, once kept quite long, had been cropped years ago to conform with modern styles. In contrast to Jael’s light blouse and short blue skirt, Enki was wearing a business suit, leading Jael to wonder how uncomfortable he was in the steaming summer air. Even here in the mountains there were hot, humid days.
“Are you trying to be funny?” Jael demanded. For just an instant she lost control and for the briefest moment small horns protruded from her temples, exposing her for the demoness she was. A split second later she embarrassedly got her mortal guise back in order and continued to glare at the ancient Sumerian god of water, wisdom and invention. “And how the heck did you manage to start a college so quickly? I would have thought you would need more than a few months to round up a faculty and then the students. How did you find students for the fall semester so quickly? And you say the school is accredited? That takes years. Enki, did you cheat?”
“I cheated,” Enki admitted easily and with a broad grin. “I bought Sherburne College. Well, sort of. Actually I looked around for a small school that had been losing money and students and needed a large influx of funding, and established a grant from the Springtime Seed Company.”
“You get more mileage out of that business front that you deserve to, you know,” Jael told him. “Last year you were hosting that awful reality program and this year you’re buying a college. Wait a minute! You can’t just buy a college even with lots of money.”

2 Likes

Just adding a post

2 Likes

Sorry should have said thank you

2 Likes

now @davejlives right now… :wink:

2 Likes