Question: Using Amazon Prime VISA card on Woot.

I’m curious, since Woot is owned by Amazon, do Amazon Prime VISA card subscribers get the same 5% cash back as when we order directly from Amazon?
Thank you,
John

+Also, if we do not get 5%, again you are an Amazon company, what do we get with that card when making purchases here on Woot?

6 Likes

No, So Yea what’s the deal woot, why I no 5%

5 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you for your input, but I was talking about the Amazon Prime Credit card specifically.
I know I can use it to purchase stuff here but wonder if I’m actually getting that 5% cash back.

1 Like

Hi there. Sorry, doesn’t work on Woot. The Amazon Prime VISA will work but no points. No benefits at all. The Amazon Store card does not work.

Per this page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202109390

Exclusively for customers with an eligible Prime membership, the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card offers cardmembers 5% Back on purchases made at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response. Maybe you guys can remind Amazon that, like Whole Foods, Woot is a part of Amazon and should enjoy the same benefits.

4 Likes

That would require some overt acknowledgement of certain institutions chained in the attic and fed fish heads.

2 Likes

I just used my prime card on woot.

1 Like

Yeah, I got confused with the amazon store card. They have too many cards. You can use it but no points.

3 Likes

I know this comment is quite late but I just researched this topic and found out the answer. So just FYI for anyone interested.

I am an AMZ Prime Member with an AMZ Prime VISA card. When I paid for my Woot item, I was surprised that it did not give me a option to use a different credit card other than my AMZ VISA card, disappointing because I could have used another card where I can get a 2% rebate. BTW AMZ VISA will only give me 1% back on Woot purchases (similar to other purchases other than 5% on AMZ and Whole Foods or 2% on restaurants).

4 Likes

Hi there. You are given a chance to change the credit card to another during check out.

From there, it will let you choose a card already in your Amazon wallet or enter a credit/debit card manually.

Did anything change? It showed 5% when checking out.

If so, they sure didn’t tell us. Good news if true.

2 Likes

The 5% was misleading–it’s still 1% :/. Looks like it was an error with Amazon Pay

3 Likes

Hmmm. I’m going to ask because Amazon still says only amazon.com and Whole Foods. Weird. And so we can get the messaging updated as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/?node=16070399011

5 Likes

@ThunderThighs wondering if there is an update on this please. I get the same earns 5% when checking out but in reality i believe am only getting 1% for woot purchases using Amazon visa signature by Chase. Would really appreciate and shop even more crap on woot if we get 5% cash back. Do us a BIG crappy favor, will you?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s an Amazon thing. We don’t have any say.

2 Likes

Thanks for response, so no real update from Amazon side ? Gotcha. Would have been so awesome to get 5% sigh! :blush:

2 Likes

Following, as amazon/chase is in BIG trouble with the CFPB if they dont fix this…

2 Likes

Hope they start honoring it. But scares me 2 think what they might do to offset it…i suspect they will change their t&c somehow

2 Likes