RCA 32" 720p LCD HDTV/DVD Combo

HDTV with a DVD? Why not a VCR?

RCA L32HD35D Review

Walmart reviews

Here’s the manual

Wize page collection of reviews, mainly Amazon:

http://wize.com/flat-panel-televisions/p1289123-rca-l32hd35d-tv

5 Amazon reviews horrible, QVC 1 review good. Edit: $559.96 new at QVC + $20.22 shipping

Edit: The Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/dp/B0024IJBFQ/ref=nosim

Edit: The QVC link:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.aol_refer.false.tpl.detail.msn_refer.false.item.E205234.ref.BV1?

The DVD player does NOT upscale, does not accept Blu-ray or HD discs. So the DVD player adds little or no value to the TV. You’re better off having an external player that is upgradeable. $295 for a refurbished RCA 32" 720P TV is a very bad deal. One of worst deals on Woot this year.

DVD Features:CD format capability: CD, CD-DA, CD-R/RW
DVD format capability: DVD, DVD-R/RW Video Format Only
EDIT:
OK Kudos to Woot for giving me a quality post despite my critical remarks. You have to respect them for that! Maybe our politicians should show the same integrity.

Hope the work wasn’t done by Sohnen. That’s always a fun experience.

Years ago I had a RCA TV, VCR & DVD Player. All the same brand so the remotes would work with each component. Every piece failed just after the warranties expired.

Check out this Reliability Chart.

Here’s the article it came from.

Once again, Carlton Bale’s article:

1080p Does Matter – Here’s When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution)

90%x90%

At 5.5 feet or closer, you start to see the benefit of 1080p with a 32" screen.

not a very good deal. i was checking deal news 2 weeks ago and got a 32" TCL tv with almost the same specs(no DVD Combo, which is worthless anyways) plus a 2 year warranty from amazon for 259 new. this deal seems more like a joke than anything else.

Seems like a fine deal for an extra TV for the kiddos since all I have are DVD’s for them anyway.

this chart has to be wrong…it claims at 10’ away from a 35" screen, you can’t see any difference?! bologna!

Same TV (RCA L32HD35D) is $54 more brand new at Wallyworld:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-32-TV-DVD-Combo/11070375

A 32 TV/DVD is perfect for a bedroom (even without upscaling),
but $295 for a refurb is too much.

It seems after seeing this deal it is to good to be true. The reviews show this product going blank with picture within 6 months of purchase and the warranty company that RCA has not honoring any repairs. This deal should be passed on. BUYER BEWARE!

I’ve had two combos, one TV/DVD and one DVD-R/VCR and they were both disasters. For some reason companies can’t seem to put two full devices together and make them work in harmony.

Looking at reviews it appears this TV is great and gets great reviews in the short term, but people who own in 4 months or more suggest the picture just dies.

I once had the “pleasure” of owning a 32" RCA HD TUBE TV with built-in DirecTV functionality.

Nothing but problems that were never resolved, and entire unit went dead days after warranty expired. I will NEVER own another RCA product, except if I am in need of an exceptionally large doorstop.

The reviews on Amazon are spot on. Pay heed.

What are the dimensions with it on it’s stand?

RCA 32" Class LCD 720p 60Hz TV/DVD Combo, L32HD35D

Assembled Country of Origin: USA and/or Imported

Components Country of Origin: USA and/or Imported

Walmart’s warranty may be better to for the Extra $$

This is walmarts warranty and you may need it according to the reviews… it seems like a rool of the dice.

Warranty Length: 1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor

Supplier Warranty: Limited Warranty - What your warranty covers: " Defects in materials or workmanship to the first consumer purchaser." For how long after your purchase: " 90 days from date of purchase for labor charges for screen sizes 32 and smaller. One year from date of purchase for labor charges for screen sizes larger than 32 . At our option, we will either pay an Authorized RCA Service Center the labor to repair your television or replace your television with a new or refurbished unit. " One year from date of purchase for parts. At our option, we will either supply new or refurbished parts to an Authorized RCA Service Center for them to repair your television or replace your television with a new or refurbished unit. After 90 days, labor charges will be at your expense for screen sizes 32 and smaller How you get service:" Call 1-800-951-9582 or visit www.rca.com. Please have your unit s date of purchase and model/serial number ready. The model/serial number information can be found on the back of your unit. " Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice which is evidence that the product is within the warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty service. For rental firms, proof of first rental is also required. What your warranty does not cover: " Customer instruction. (Your Owner s Manual describes how to install, adjust, and operate your television. Any additional information should be obtained from your dealer). " Installation and related adjustments. " Signal reception problems not caused by your television. " Damage from misuse or neglect. " Batteries. " Customer replacement fuses. " Damage from images burnt on to the screen. " Special, incidental or consequential damages. " A television that has been modifi ed or incorporated into other products or is used for institutional or other commercial purposes. " A television purchased or serviced outside the U.S.A. " Acts of nature, such as but not limited to lightning damage. Limitation of Warranty: " THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. NO VERBAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY TTE TECHNOLOGY, INC., ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A GUARANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. Other Information: " REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. TTE TECHNOLOGY, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITED WARRANTY ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF INDIANA. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE.

Ask HD Beat: What’s the deal with 1366 x 768?