SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

4 Likes

Damn I want this! Woot, can’t I get a frequent shopper discount? Hell, I’ll work for y’all for a day or two if I can get the employee discount!

5 Likes

doh! Just got this a few weeks ago for $20 more :confused: Good printer, printed a bunch of stuff already.

3 Likes

easy to use

1 Like

nice product nice price

1 Like

I own a Monoprice Select Mini V2 that I got for $99 on an open-box deal through Monoprice. It is a solid little printer and came fully assembled (the Ender-3 is a kit), but if I was buying a 3D printer for the first time, this deal on the Ender-3 would be the one I would get. Why?

• MUCH faster printing capability (50mm/s vs 180mm/s). I usually print at 40mm/s on my Mini, and I read that for fine detail, many people print at 70-90 mm/s on the Ender-3, faster for lower-detail print jobs. Believe me, when you are done tinkering with the setup of the printer, all you want is for your print jobs to finish. Faster capability is appreciated.
  • Larger printing capacity - the Ender-3 can print up to 8.7 x 8.7 x 9.8 inches , while my Mini can print 4.7 x 4.7 x 4.7 inches. Do I do much printing that approaches 4.7"? No, but that is primarily because it would take a whole day to print something that large. Back to the first benefit.
  • Top-mounted filament spool holder. I already got rid of the cheesy 90-degree mounted spool holder on my Mini and replaced it with a separate spool holder for about $15 on Amazon, but it takes up table space alongside the printer (as would printing a side-mounted spool holder). Mounting the spool above would save that.
  • I had to rewire the wiring harness on the print bed on the Mini because eventually the wire harness would have self-destructed if left in its original configuration. No need to do that with the Ender-3 (but then again, having to assemble this one adds work).
  • My Mini was an Open-Box (used) and this one is new. The Mini goes for $190 new, more than this one on Woot! today.

Don’t get me wrong, I like my Mini a lot, and I am not spending another $160 to get this model, but if you have been thinking about getting into a 3D printer, this is one you should seriously consider, especially at this price.

11 Likes

I already have a Creality CR10 and I’m considering whether picking this up as well is worth the domestic battle. I don’t tend to print a ton, but when I do I have eight or nine ideas I want to pound out at once.

1 Like

I’ve had an ender 3 since about November and this is a pretty decent deal. Best I’ve seen them on Amazon is around $180, and prices typically vary between $200 to $300. I got mine at $200, $40 would’ve been a few rolls of extra filament or a couppe of upgrades.

The ender 3 takes a little extra work to get dialed in but it really helps to develop your understanding of different parameters and how the printer works. There is a huge community behind it, since it’s so cheap and popular, and there are countless mods that can be added to bring its capability up to other models that cost twice as much while still saving substantial money.

3 Likes

I kinda want it but I have no idea what for.
I assume it’s one of those things that once you have it, you find uses for it.

8 Likes

Same here. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

me too :frowning:

1 Like

I am a tinkerer at heart. I was fascinated by 3D printers after seeing them in operation at work (to make prototype and customized parts). I generally had the feeling that I did not need one.

Then I saw a decent printer for $99 and I grabbed one. I have since spent a little more than that much in filament and accessories (glass bed, tools, etc.). Here is what I have printed that was not even in my thinking until I had the printer:

• Designed and printed a replacement screen door latch for my daughter’s house (a perfect fix)
  • Designed and printed a tick remover for Wilderness First Aid training
  • Designed and printed key ring fobs for handouts to WFA participants
  • Designed and printed replacement clips to hold horizontal blinds in place at my cottage (several were broken)
  • Fun stuff from Thingiverse (my daughter went nuts and asked for a bunch of fun items)
  • Accessories for my printer (tool holder, filament filter, replacement knob, etc.) from Thingiverse
  • Now printing a set of Chelsea Football coasters for my son, a major fan

I also got a Raspberry Pi given to me and configured it (a first for me) with OctoPrint, remote administration and operation of my printer. That was challenging and rewarding.

So, if this sounds like you, get one.

7 Likes

I’ve had mine for over a year. Printed out upgrades for it, (plastic) Iron Thrones, vases for a banquet hall, R/C car for my son, hooks to hang towels in the bathroom, replaced the feet on my fridge, raised my desk 10 inches with printed feet to accommodate my new office chair, printed a new 3D printer, Venom figurine, Bender figurine, key chains, pencil cases, pen holder, desk organizer, sunglasses, bird houses, train tracks… i’ll be here all damn day The possibilities are Ender-Less. For a BuckFiddyNine you cant lose!!! Treat it like a tool and if can save you money while have fun at the same time.

4 Likes

Wait, we’re supposed to get an employee discount? @wajeremy , HALP!

5 Likes

@wajeremy needs to correct it.

You’re actually supposed to pay 110% of the cost.

3 Likes

what?

5 Likes

Hey there! You still got a fairly good deal! Any pics of the things you’ve done so far?

This is a semi-assembled DIY kit, so there is a good 2-3 hour assembly if you have never done it before. Lots of really good walkthrough videos on the 'tube, though, and it will teach you all about how the pieces work together. If you love to tinker and are looking to get into 3d printing, this is hands-down the machine you want to own. With just a little tweaking and some extra parts that you can print yourself, this machine easily rivals those costing 4 times as much.

2 Likes

I got one the last time it was listed on Woot. I have to say, I have not regretted it. For a first-time 3D printer, this device was easy to set up, configure and use. I’ve done a handful of prints and most of them have come out well. There is a large community around this specific printer so there are tons of tutorials, forums, videos, and free files out there to help get the best out of this machine. I will say, I also like the fact that there are a lot of improvements and upgrades that you can print up with the Ender 3! That’s right, you can print some of your own upgrade parts! Overall, I’ve had my machine for a few weeks and I’ve been very happy with it. Just wish I had gotten this price when I bought it though. Mine was about $20 more.

1 Like

i just bought this printer from woot a couple weeks ago for 20 more bucks! dangit… @woot…hit me up with that price match pleaseee!