Sennheiser On-Ear Headphones

**Item: **Sennheiser On-Ear Headphones
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Sennheiser On-Ear Headphones)

[Search Google](Google On-Ear Headphones)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/14/2013 - $19.99 (Woot Plus)

Read more on the Product Page
[youtube=F1HNAHm1rmQ][/youtube]

A couple of videos for you [youtube=K-DwvraWOio][/youtube] [youtube=v-1v8TsoTm8][/youtube]

solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

Didn’t I read somewhere that closed back headphones create a harmful ‘return pressure wave’ that is detrimental to delicate aural components? I wonder if these headphones have a feature to allay that issue?

does anyone know if these are brand new or refurbed with ear wax? cant seem to find it.

Thanks

[MOD: they’re new… And ewwww]

The condition on the main page for Tech.Woot says “New”. So these are new (with 2 year warranty as well).

The cable is a bit weak (it’s the same as the HD238, and my pair’s cable eventually shorted out), as is typical with cheaper Sennheisers. However, I treated them somewhat poorly, so YMMV. They are definitely worth it for the sound, especially at this price.

We have a couple of the even cheaper HD202 closed headphones. They have been treated roughly (one of 'em is always on the floor near a tv & kicked around quite a bit) and they still work fine after years of abuse. So my mileage did vary…

I have a set of these that I bought from Amazon for full price. They sound great and are a steal at this price. The only drawbacks I’ve seen are that my ears get a litle warm when wearing them for extended periods. The cable is very thin too so I use a lot of caution with it.

Amazon listing with good reviews.

I’d stay away from these. The dead givaway that they’re a cheap knockoff is in the description:

Note the quotation marks. Apparently they aren’t really using atomic element 60, but some sort of synthetic neodymium substitute. You should hold out for a pair that has real neodymium magnets without the need for weasel quotes. :slight_smile:

Looks to me like the description comes right off of the Amazon page, including the ‘neodymium’ part.

Hmm.

Woot was bought by Amazon over 3 years ago.

“The cable is a bit weak (it’s the same as the HD238, and my pair’s cable eventually shorted out), as is typical with cheaper Sennheisers. However, I treated them somewhat poorly, so YMMV. They are definitely worth it for the sound, especially at this price.”

useful info, thanks bud.

Better yet, wait for some that use old-school dymium, rather than this “neo-” stuff.

These are not “knock offs”. They’re authentic Sennheiser HD 219 headphones.

Here’s their product page.

If you’re joking… haha

I was given a pair of these free from Amazon Vine for a review.

They’re pretty high quality. I own (bought) the similar model with open back and iPod controls. The sound of these is comparable. It is unusual to find compact closed-back compact cans that sound this good.

I prefer the open back design (for awareness of my environment) and in-line controls, so I don’t use these a lot, but they are well worth the $20 Woot is asking. If you’re looking for closed back compact headphones you won’t be disappointed.

^+1 :slight_smile:

Paleodymium

Got my cans today. Plugged them into my phone to see how they work.
They seem to run on the “quiet” side, so upping the sound on the phone end will be needed to get them to sing.
However, once you do, they sound amazing. And the sound isolation is quite impressive!
For the money, these doodads are awesome!

Be sure to turn down the volume before/after you unplug them. I paid dearly by forgetting to do that.I swapped in my old inserts and nuked my poor ears.
Vitality -1
Wisdom +1