Singer Professional 2010 Electronic Sewing Machine

In for one.

Not all reviews were bad. There does seem to be some weak links on the machine that may break, but I’m pretty good at fixing my wife’s toys. She is no where skilled enough to know that this machine is not truly pro-worthy so I think it will be OK.

All in all, I think this is a great gift for $200!

Here are some reviews I found about the machine:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=318180.0

Not many reviews out there it seems. (no pun intended!)

How is the embroidery function? It says it’ll do alphanumeric, is is one font or many? I’m looking for a good (but inexpensive) embroidery machine for simple crafts.

It looks like it’s just one font based on the pictures that Woot has on the product page. But I’ll bet if you go to the Singer web site, they may have something posted there.

Help I am new to sellout.woot just got the sewing machine for my daughter please help me out with any good or bad reviews don’t know much about machines but got a very basic Brother at Walmart for $90.00 I figured top of the line singer for $100.00 more could be worth it thank you for your help

Does anyone actually own one of these, that can give a first hand review? My wife teaches sewing at a high school and wants a new machine for personal use. This would be the perfect christmas gift if its any good? Any input is appreciated.

Good morning.

I’m in for one. It’s my Christmas present to myself. :slight_smile: This will be my first sewing machine.

I hope it’s a nice machine. I could only find two reviews on the Home Shopping Network website and both reviews were five out of five stars and very positive.

Those of you claiming that there are bad reviews ought to post links to your sources. I haven’t found a single bad review yet in any of my searching.

Its a singer so it comes with a 25 year limited warranty. Other singer machines with Pro* in the title carry a $500 minimum price tag.
Your best bet it to compare it to the features of other $199 machines. This one will win out in built in features. No it doesn’t appear to be an embroidery machine but it gives you some nice options other $199 machines wouldn’t dream of.

Product feature sheet:
http://www.singerco.com/download/1255_2010%20F-B%20Chart.pdf

This description cracked me up because it describes how much sewing my daughter has been doing the last month. Seriously. Wish I could afford a new machine for her…

In for one! Seems like a great value and I love all of the options.

I really want to do this, but I know nothing about sewing Machines. Can anyone help me out with some advice? My wife has been asking me for a sewing machine for a couple years. Is this a good basic machine? Will we have to purchased any additional accessories to get her started? Is this price high/low compared to other good machines? Thanks in advance!

I’m in for one. I really liked the 5 yr. warranty.

last week I bought a singer on Amazon’s lightening deal sight and got a great deal on a basic. I am sending it back for this one. Although not a lot of reviews out there I like the multiple functions on this one. Cross my fingers…

Generally, the new Singers are considered poor quality machines by sewing enthusiasts, but perhaps that reputation has changed.

Also keep in mind that you’ll probably need those “value added” feet not included in this package to do many of the fancier stitches, like the alphabet embroidery, satin stitch, button holes, etc. If you want to quilt, you’ll need a free motion foot (not included) and a walking foot (not included.) So of those 400 stitches, you can’t actually do more than maybe 50 of them with the feet they’ve included in the package.

Most of the machines in that price range have fewer stitches but include the feet you’ll need in order to use those stitches.

Another thing, is that by “embroidery stitches” they mean fancy chains of flowers or cursive alphabets. They don’t mean actual hoop embroidery. That’s an entirely different kettle of fish.

If you are a new/intermediate sewer this seems like an AWESOME machine…it gives you a taste of most everything you might want to try, then if you need to advance in an area (like quilting, ruffling, cording, gathering, etc.) you can buy specific add-ons. My issue with the QVC pack is yeah, great to have all that stuff but a bit overwhelming and when I get right to it I probably would not consistently use much of the extras.

But, alas, without any USB ports I can’t get one. I don’t know how anyone can buy ANYTHING without a USB port! Wait, did it say bluetooth …

I think you would just need thread, fabric, scissors and a dream. …or maybe a pattern.

These are the feet included with the sewing machine:

general purpose (all purpose) foot
zipper foot
special purpose (satin) foot
button sewing foot
overcasting foot
blindstitch hem foot
one-step buttonhole foot

If she’s been asking for a machine for a couple of years I would imagine she would be quite happy with the features this machine has. I know that if my hubby had bought it for me as my first machine I would have been thrilled (my $200 first machine had far fewer bells and whistles).

I agree that this machine isn’t a real embroidery machine, but then it doesn’t claim to be. It has some great “embroidery stitches” that you won’t find on other machines at this price point as well as the 2 fonts. If you want to do a lot of quilting you WILL have to pick up some extra feet (that can be picked up on the internet for much less than Singer sells them for) but if you don’t, this machine includes most of the feet you will need. I’ll be picking one up, if I can find the money before it’s too late, and will be picking up an invisible zipper foot right away (on ebay for $13 after shipping) but that’s all I’ll need to be happy. It looks to be a great deal of machine for the price and with 25 years general and 5 years electrical warranty I’m not worried.

btw, not being an embroidery machine is the reason for not having a USB port. Don’t buy this one thinking that you’ll add a lot of cool embroidery designs to the hard drive as it doesn’t have one. Alas, this is not a computerized embroidery machine, but then for $199 I wouldn’t expect it to be.

This seems like a great machine with plenty of bells and whistles, but if you’re just looking for a machine to do simple hemming and alterations, I highly recommend checking with your local GoodWill, Salvation Army or other thrift stores. I see machines there all the time.

Last year I bought a gorgeous steel machine still in great condition despite being from the 50’s. It works great for when I need to shorten my pants, fix a tear or make a little something. The best part, it was only $35 :smiley:

The only caveat is that the manual is usually long gone and since it’s an older model, it was hard to find an online version. However, I found a site that had PDF scans and got one for my model for $8.

Got one this morning! Woohoo! Nice deal!

If you want to see all the stiches the machine will do, go to the singer website and download a free manual. I only want it for basic embroidery stiches. I’m in for one!