Singer Professional 2010 Electronic Sewing Machine

This looks like a fun little machine to use for sewing classes… May woot one for my sis-in-law. :slight_smile:

Product Website

Few additional tidbits on the Singer site:

http://answers.singerco.com/answers/7010/product/2070/questions.htm

any price comparison?

This one is not netting much. HSN had it on sale before, but can’t track down price. Two forums hinted about bad reviews, but I can’t actually find the bad reviews.

The Singer site lists HSN as a seller of this sewing machine. The HSN site is sold out but they were selling it for $650 and claim a retail price of $1070. This Woot seems like a good deal if you want a sewing machine.

seems like a heck of a deal for a sewing machine. sh*t gets expensive. i’m in.

update: the singer site puts it in the $500 & up price range. see product website link above.

Here is the link to it on HSN:
http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/singer-top-of-the-line-computerized-sewing-machine-with-value-added-package_p-6179945_xp.aspx

$599 was sale price at time it sold out
1,065.76 was their “suggested” retail price

BUT on HSN it came with a value added package that had a ton of other stuff with it as well. So not knowing much about these machines, not sure how much the “value added package” would have been worth and whether or not that makes the price here as woot doesn’t have the extra “stuff” with it.

The value-added items at HSN are mostly feet, they don’t add $400 to the value, though. feet cost between $5-$20 so they add maybe $200 or so?

this is a killer deal.

This is a way nice machine! Totally worth it, wish I hadn’t blown my Xmas wad already.

Just bought one for my GF for Christmas because her other machine broke a few months ago. I hope it works out for her, skeptical but it looks like a good deal.

The HSN video says it was $450 with free ship during “sewing month”

Yeah just noticed that. “National Sewing Month” was September.

Here is the youtube video that begins by stating that HSN sold it with $400+ of extras.
They call this Singer’s top of the line machine.

HSN had it with “Value-Added Package” which costs around or over $200… That explains the price here…

Value-Added Components

* Circular sewer attachment
* Ruffler foot
* Invisible zipper foot
* Gathering foot
* Cording foot
* Sew and serge foot (lock cutter)
* Rolled hem foot
* Pintuck foot
* Even feed foot (walking foot)
* Open toe foot
* Darning and embroidery foot
* 30 bobbins with case
* Quarter-inch foot
* Decorative (nonstick) foot
* Roller foot
* Package of twin needles
* Package of wing needles
* Ready, Set, Sew DVD
* Set of instructions

Only place I can find it is at HSN. It got a lot of bad reviews there.

yeah, just been looking into that. Based on prices if you ordered the extra items direct from singer this is what I came up with. I just went to singer site and picked compatible accessories and priced from there:

$49.99 Circular sewer attachment
$49.99 Ruffler foot
$19.99 Invisible zipper foot
$19.99 Gathering foot
$19.99 Cording foot
$39.99 Sew and serge foot (lock cutter)
$19.99 Rolled hem foot
$19.99 Pintuck foot
$29.99 Even feed foot (walking foot)
$19.99 Open toe foot
$24.99 Darning and embroidery foot
$14.99 Quarter-inch foot
$10.99 Decorative (nonstick) foot
$19.99 Roller foot
?? 30 bobbins with case
?? Package of twin needles
?? Package of wing needles
?? Ready, Set, Sew DVD
?? Set of instructions

So if you needed all that stuff, wanted it, and bought it from singer looks like would be $360+ of stuff to buy to add to the $199 machine to get what was on the HSN for $450.

I’m surprised no one has asked, but this is not mac compatible. It doesn’t even have a USB port.

How so? It gets ***** there on 3 reviews.
HSN deletes all bad reviews?