TCL Alto 8+ 2.1 Sound Bar with Subwoofer

TCL Alto 8+ 2.1 Sound Bar with Subwoofer

Hello All,

Anybody use this as a computer speaker via Bluetooth?

1 Like

Would you be placing it on your desktop? I have not used a soundbar with a computer, but I would be concerned with how it would sound sitting close to it. Distance and placement matters with speakers and I doubt a soundbar is designed to sound the best sitting within 24" of it. I’d stick with satilite style speakers for a computer. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

How wide is this soundbar?

1 Like

Bar Width 38.0" (96.5 cm)
Bar Height 2.4" (6.0 cm)
Bar Depth 4.1" (10.3 cm)

Does anyone have this or thoughts on this for those of us (well me) who has no clue - would be hooking up to a fire tv

Would it be difficult to attach? I am really a level 1/10 when it comes to these things. Thanks Wooters

This speaker has a “fire stick” built IN/integrated… (has the software, not a physical “stick” poking out of it.)
You plug it into an outlet for power, and connect it to your TV via an HDMI cable.
Reading the reviews on the mother-ship, it works well/you can do anything you can do w/ a firestick, except for the “mouse toggle” app…

ALWAYS suggest folks go read the reviews, good AND bad, before buying ANYTHING…You’ll learn a LOT…
Like SOME people will NEVER be satisfied…lol

2 Likes

Will this soundbar work with a TCL Roku TV? Will the Roku remote control the soundbar volume?

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking of putting it on my desktop. I guess you got a valid point thou about the distance. Thanks

1 Like

Super precise dimensions are provided right in the listing features tab, at the bottom.

1 Like

To be fair, we only added them after seeing his question this morning. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not sure but found these questions on Amazon. Keep in mind that if you already have Roku built in, you don’t need Fire TV that this has built it.

1 Like

okey dokey. they are super precise! lol

1 Like

I just need to know if the Roku remote with the TCL Roku TV control the volume on the Alto 8+ Fire Edition?

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know. They didn’t have that question answered.

Never used a sound bar with HDMI. Does this work just like a sound bar that uses an optical cable? IOW, any issues or required settings changes on the TV to go between the FireStick video w/ sound bar audio, vs using OTA signal for video, and sending audio to this sound bar (via HDMI cable)?

Can the Alexa feature be turned off?

1 Like

Just curious as to whether this device has a subwoofer out jack so a powered sub could be added…?

1 Like

Hi all. We’re selling this for Amazon so we don’t have a lot of info to answer your questions. Sorry.

Here’s the product page:
https://www.amazon.com/TCL-Channel-Sound-Built-Subwoofer/dp/B07V2K1G5P

Here’s the manual:

2 Likes

I trusted the ratings and comments on this, but I guess you get what you pay for. The sound quality is about the same as an off brand $25 Bluetooth speaker. I was looking for a sound bar that would project dialogue better, but the sound is so muffled, I reverted back to listening to the built-in speakers on my TV. I would only recommend this if you have a cheap TV with horrible speakers. If you have a descent TV, your TV speakers will sound better than this sound bar.

The built-in FireTV works, but it took almost 1 hour to set up after fixing the stuck on “scanning for network” issue and taking a very long time to download the updated software.

The remote only works for the FireTV, volume, and surround setting. You cannot change source from the remote. You have to press the source button on the speaker itself. The 3 surround settings are indistinguishable.

So, go for it if you have a $200 TV. Otherwise, stick with what you have or get a real sound bar from Klipsch, Harmon Kardon, or any other reputable audio brands when they go on sale.

2 Likes