TDK Wireless Sound Cube

These are some more images-you can see the 2" drivers a little better. The output of this thing is reported honestly- I definitely respect that. It has many good reviews.

it has a usb charging port, like a small bluetooth speaker system i have. you need to plug it into your computer usb outlet to charge it for remote use. when i charge this way, it lasts for about 4 hours of use. i’m not sure how long this charge will last, since they are much larger speakers.

oh crapola, a deal breaker. after reading the spec’s at tdk. the usb charging port is to charge other componets that are tethered to the cube. no internal battery what so ever. a sure deal breaker for me. i want to be mobile, which is what a speaker this size should do. price wise it is a great deal though.

What were the brand, etc. of the grills? Do they just cover the round speakers? Could they be installed with Velcro?
Thanks

I did too, but have trouble getting mine to connect, any tricks to it?

I found a nice little video on what this baby can do:

- YouTube

Enjoy! I’m in for one!

Check out Kensington model 33214 or next generation; previous woot; not heavy duty but would power these speakers, it is a converter, dc 12 v in, ac 120 out

I don’t know what kind of device you are trying to connect. Apple and Android should work fine and be pretty self explanatory when connecting. Blackberry doesn’t really work though. This FAQ shows how to connect a computer.

http://support.tdkperformance.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/v513-wireless-sound-cube---faq

If all else fails, just connect it with the 3.5mm aux (earphone jack)- with a cable.

I just purchased this sound cube based on the comments in this discussion. I havent secured warranty ever on Woot, so my query is: how do I buy the 1 year warranty? (I saw the square trade link, how does that work?). Thanks to anyone that helps

And One last thing, how does one locate a promo code/coupon for an item on woot?

Thanks

If it’s so “technologically advanced,” why doesn’t it have play, pause and skip controls on the remote? Every Bluetooth speaker should.

Just click on the link and you will be taken to SquareTrade to purchase the protection plan from them.

I bought one last time for $99. So… I’d be a fool not to buy one for $79… Right?

They were the following from amazon: 5-1/4-Inch Diameter 2-Pc Mesh Speaker Grill - Black
by Parts Express
I suppose you could Velcro them on. Tiny bit of super glue worked well. I was careful not to get the glue in the works of the speaker. Total cost for 3 of them: $18.48 (including shipping)

So, once and for all, this is not portable? The USB charging thing won’t charge any kind of internal battery? Kind of a deal breaker. Wanted a pool speaker.

Gosh, that’s like a battery and a half.

This is not the version that can run off batteries.

Bought one for $100 just a month ago on woot… That being said it has really nice quality, nobs are poop, overall worth it. Works with my Windows laptop, and android phone no issues. Wish it had a battery mode, but eh, can’t complain it doesn’t move much anyway.

that video says “cut the cord”…no is that referring to it having bluetooth connectivity…or, does it charge so its able to be used wireless? in other words does it only work plugged into the wall or can you use it anywhere on a charge??

So many people are asking if it can be used without an AC adapter. Lets simplify this for everyone since the first 20 comments on the matter didn’t work.

This does not have a battery. It must be plugged into a power source at all times in order to function.

exactly, no internal battery. what a blow