Teeter Inversion: uoısɹǝʌuı ɹǝʇǝǝʇ

Tell us about the Teeter!

I was hoping for a teeter-totter so we could try to break the record:

http://img.channel0.net/epgfx/224171.jpg

Why don’t they list the weight limits of these machines? As a larger than normal guy, this is important information.

Check under specs of each item. 250lbs is what I’ve seen on the few I’ve looked at.

I bought the boots for my husband for Christmas last year, they stated a weight limit of “appox” 250 lbs, the tables were closer to the “appox” 300lb mark. Generally it is not recommended that anyone under 80 lbs or over 300 use an inversion table (this is the info I found on various spinal/back pain sites when researching for the gift)

I love both my table and boots! I upgraded to the table a couple years back due to an injury that made it imposable to get myself up on the bar. However I kept the bar up and use it for a chin up bar. All around well made and really help!

Just to be safe, folks should check the inversion therapy contraindications as some conditions (and some you wouldn’t think of!) make this risky, while others aren’t on the list.

I was surprised to find out that Pink Eye= no inversion for you.

Of course, YMMV and you should do your own research, ask your doc, etc…

But here’s a link from the Teeter Peeps themselves:
http://www.teeter-inversion.com/inversion-contraindications.asp

I’m a freaking mess yet none of my issues show up on the list which is kind of a novelty. Woohoo!

from one freaking mess to another, i’m glad you didn’t make the list. :smiley:

Cool, I think that spinal stretcher will make a nice “rack” (Medieval limb stretcher) for my portable dungeon.

Well, I just had a visit to the chiro today. I have some pretty nasty neck issues (<– dominant problem leading to migraines) that have been ongoing and some mid-back pain. I hadn’t thought of an inversion table, but I’m beginning to read reviews on some of these products and wondering if it might not be a worthwhile investment. I would love to do more to help myself feel better and even at $300, it’s a fraction of the cost of adjustments, massages, Dr visits, and so on… If anybody has more advice, I’d love to hear more about these products. I have seen inversion tables on Woot a bunch of times but never looked into them, so I have no idea what the difference is, but I do believe that I’d rather go with a table than that bar setup.

I don’t understand why everyone gets so hung up on these things. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Right back at you! :slight_smile:

"Beautiful isn’t it? It took me half a lifetime to invent it. I’m sure you’ve discovered my deep and abiding interest in pain. Presently I’m writing the definitive work on the subject, so I want you to be totally honest with me on how the machine makes you feel. This being our first try, I’ll use the lowest setting. "

Like that scene, but therapeutic for the person on this rack instead of the person operating it… Inconceivable!

So if I get the boots and the Ez-Up bar, I can hang upside-down like the batman… interesting…

I have an inversion table (not this brand, but a cheaper one) and I’ve used it to bypass chiro appts on numerous occasions. It’s paid for itself many times over. It’s neat to feel your spine stretching too. :O)

Totally wish I could use one of these inversion things to stretch out my back. Eye surgery makes me a permanent no-go, unfortunately. Nice prices too…rats.

I have one of the Teeter tables. I have bulging discs in my lower back (L4-L5-S1) and love this. I started out using it every day, but now I use it 2-3 times a week. It’s actually pretty helpful. The idea, if you haven’t gleaned, is to remove pressure on the discs, lessening pressure on the nerves and hopefully pull moisture into the disc via the suction created by gravity pulling the vertebrae apart. It also lengthens out the muscles providing a good stretch. I think it comes down to personal preference. I paid $300 for mine and don’t go to a chiropractor. That saves me money, so it was a shrewd investment. I want the gravity boots, but Woot should be really, really ashamed at putting a MSRP of $169 on those to make it look like a great deal. That’s BS. On the Teeter site itself, they sell them for $99. That’s just underhanded, Woot. I love your site and I love Amazon, but at least be honest. Where in the hell are morons paying $169? Again, check teeter’s site. Yes, it’s a deal at $30 off and I’ll probably get them, but you don’t need to inflate that unnecessarily. We’re not stupid. If you have any further questions about this stuff, happy to help.

I’m sorry, but this is just wrong. The prices here are out of whack. Go to Teeter’s site, people, to see the comparative prices. Where is woot sourcing this?
https://www.teetertvaccessories.com/?page=Accessories

Can you be more specific? We’re lower than the prices I saw on the page you linked and the Teeter site:

http://www.teeter-inversion.com