Tenergy Solis Digital Meat Thermometer

Tenergy Solis Digital Meat Thermometer

I bought this a year or two ago from Woot and have been very happy with it for a while. Until one by one all 6 leads started showing wildly inaccurate temperatures.

The their credit, the company sent me 6 replacement probes, which I’m waiting for right now.

Be careful washing the probes - they’re quite delicate, it seems. No dishwashing of any kind, and even regular washing needs to be careful.

1 Like

The Polder probe thermometer that was one of the first ‘leave it in the food’ type things warned against getting water in the cable connection on the end. These are better sealed than those (the Polder ones were just crimped around the end of the braided cable and water could get in if it was submerged) but probably have the same problem. Best to hand wash them and be careful to keep water away from where the cable connects as possible.

I love mine, bought it on Woot and bought another one next time they came around as a backup, but no problems…

1 Like

I bought these a couple of years ago and I’m very happy. The battery life is crazy long (I left the unit on for over a day on several occasions and there was still plenty of battery life). Like another poster said, don’t submerge in water, only wash the probe. I submerged the whole thing while canning and that probe read crazy temperatures for a while but came back. The app can be annoying if you don’t decouple your phone from the unit, your phone will scream loudly until you close it. But the app lets you walk away and still keep an eye on everything. With that one small nit, I would suggest this unit to anyone asking.

3 Likes