ThinkScan S7 OBD2 System Diagnostic Scanner

ThinkScan S7 OBD2 System Diagnostic Scanner

I’m not a car guy, so I don’t know how important those things are, but the “choose 5 free resets from our list of 28, then additional ones are $30/year” seems like a pretty significant catch.

3 Likes

You know… as much as I love computers, I hate computers. I especially hate computers in automobiles [or anything else with an engine]. In the old days, you know how you cleared the oil indicator? You added oil. Temperature sensor going off? Add some antifreeze. Fuel system running too rich? Adjust a needle. I’ve heard that they are going to start adding computer control to chainsaws! CHAINSAWS! :sigh:

1 Like

Plus I don’t see “check engine light” as one of the options

Youtube reviews show it to be a fairly capable scanner. It should read/clear codes for all supported modules. OBD2 functionality looks good too.
The 5 subscription thing is for more advanced functions such as calibration of steering angle sensor, diesel exhaust regeneration activation, service mode for electronic parking brake, etc. You choose 5 of 28 available advanced functions. All of these appear to work on every brand (where tge function is applicable). Many tools near this price point give you a few advanced functions but no choice which ones and limited to up front choice of just a few brands of car (with subs for additional brands).
I bought one instead of doing a $600 software update on my 3 year old $1700 scanner that will not do newer than 2019 cars without the update.

Will this clear/reset hard coded for SRS after airbag replacement?

I think so? Here’s the Amazon page. Go down to the Customer Q&A section and search SRS.
https://www.amazon.com/ThinkScan-Transmission-Diagnostic-Functions-Touchscreen/dp/B0924673PQ

1 Like

The “Service Engine Soon” light (actually called the “MIL” for Malfunction Indicator Light) is a single light that can be activated by several different things. If one of the 5 selections you make for reset functions on this scanner is the one that is activating the light, then when you reset that function the light will turn off.

This the problem with this scanner - they should offer a few base functions for free (engine, body, transmission, exhaust, ABS, SRS, etc.) and then charge for the more “premium” but lesser-used functions. Instead, you almost have to choose five basic functions just to get ordinary functionality out of this scanner for the majority of jobs then pay their subscription price for those functions you would only rarely use.

No Thank You.

You misunderstand
all the normal stuff you can read, display and clear.
The EXTRAs that aren’t included with any cheap scanners

you can choose 5

Apparently I misread the description, but in my defense I say it is misleading.

In one section it reads: " * Comprehensively reads the main ECU’s for Engine, ABS, Airbag system, reading and erasing code, live data stream, and turning off the system warning lights." Notice that it doesn’t say these are included for free.

Yet in another sections it states: " * Reset List Includes: Oil, EPB Brake, TPMS Reset, SAS, DPF Regeneration, SUN Reset, ABS Bleeding, IMMO Reset, TPS, A/F, CKP, CVT, ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission/Body/AC/IC and more!"

Notice that “ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission/Body/AC/IC” are BASIC functions that the description states is on the list of 28 items you can choose your 5 freebies from.

If I’m mistaken then My Bad; but the description on the page definitely leads you to believe that those basic functions are on the list of 28 where you get to choose the first 5 for free and then select whatever else you like for a subscription price.

Still not shipped 10 days later

1 Like

Hi there. Sorry for the delay. I know there have been some holidays for some of our vendors. If it doesn’t ship in a couple days, reach out to Woot customer service.

1 Like

15 days, and still not shipped. What gives?

Not sure. I’m checking with the team.

Update: Word is that they’ve shipped or will ship tomorrow. We’re watching from our end. Sorry for the delay.

Feel free to reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

I got a tracking number email that tracks as “label created” so that’s something, I reckon.

My UPS shipping status says Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet. 09/21/2021 4:47 PM. It has now been 21 days since that status update. I guess it’s time to consider a refund.

Hey all. Sorry about this. Vendor says they were shipped so maybe UPS lost them. At this point, we’re going to cancel your orders rather than continue to hold your money.

Again apologies.

1 Like

I would still like to have the thing

Sorry. :sob:

1 Like