Unofficial Flat Rate Box of Goodies Round Two!!

The list!

therealjrn Beautiful box, beautiful jewelry!
queen89 There is so much left!
mick52 Favorite store is a spice store!
pepper114 BUNNIES!!!
uvassassin She got the box!
neiciejean So many things!
flourlover
moles1138
mbspell
mtn3pitt
gingirlj
calgaltoal
marlenestclair

Entries are closed at this time, stay tuned for round 3!

[VMOD edit: I moved the final list to the top.]

9 Likes

The following was copied/pasted from @therealjrn, cuz it was already typed. :smile:

We’re running a flat-rate shipping pass-along box using Priority Mail Flat Rate® Large Box - LARGEFRB.

This pass-along box is in no way affiliated with Woot! or Amazon companies. It’s just a group of forum-dwellers doing something fun.

This is going to be a non-trash box, no expired coupons, broken things, puff-ball hats, dvds or hangars etc… No trash please. When you receive your box, you take out what you want then put stuff back in…no junk please…

• When your turn is approaching the sender should contact you privately to get your mailing info.
  • Once the sender has shipped, they should send you the USPS tracking number (privately of course).
  • When you get your box, choose what you want and replace with your good stuff to send on.
  • Take a picture of what you kept (that’s half the fun!) and share it with the forum.
  • Mark with the highlighter in the log what you’re keeping
  • Write down what you put in.
  • Get the mailing info privately from the next player.
  • Pack it all up, mail it and send the tracking number to the next player.

The rules will be very loosely based on the current UBOT with a few big exceptions:

1. We will all use a specific flat rate mailbox from USPS (Priority Mail Flat Rate® Large Box - LARGEFRB) This will provide tracking and insurance, keep things fair and from snowballing.
  2. We will have a list of banned items. Nobody wants your trash or your prized collection of 26 AoS2 DVDs.
  3. We aren’t really looking for BOC items. Handmade things are cherished, odd little things from the thrift stores, things like that are nice. However sometimes the Woot monkeys put unique items in the BOC. For example I received a couple of blue metal toothbrush holders that were surprisingly well-made. They were a hit in the UBOT and I daresay would be most welcome here.

I will keep the enrollment open until July 8th.

I will be first to send out and last to receive back for this first group of players.

BANNED ITEMS:
(List subject to revision)

• DVDs
  • Poof ball hats
  • Hangars (come on, they’re trash)
  • Broken things
  • Trash (expired coupons, etc)
  • Things from DDC Mongering including paper & binder clips. Woot Memorabilia is welcome, of course.
  • Anything from #WootAfterDark (We want to keep this family-friendly)
  • Crap from BOCs that were commonly received, etc.
    (Unusual or unique books are very welcome)

The idea is since we will have limited space, focus on quality over quantity.

What we’re trying to do is weed out is the every day stuff you can get at the dollar store, target, etc. If it’s something you really like and want to share with someone that’s different though.

But maybe keep the clothes hangers, pantyhose, dish soap, toenail clippers, tampons, Donna Leon books, and household stuff for the Christmas exchange at your workplace. LOL! :joy:

Here is the list, get in while the gettin is good!

@therealjrn
@mbspell
@Queen89
@gingirlj
@pepper114
@uvassassin
@Neiciejean

3 Likes

Can I join the list if it is not to late :smiley:

4 Likes

You sure can! Gotcha down!

2 Likes

New list…

@therealjrn
@mbspell
@Queen89
@gingirlj
@pepper114
@uvassassin
@Neiciejean
@Flourlover
@marlenestclair

8 Likes

I had to order some large flat rate boxes, the Post Office was out…grr…

4 Likes

Put me in the box somewhere.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Gotcha!

@therealjrn
@mbspell
@Queen89
@gingirlj
@pepper114
@uvassassin
@Neiciejean
@Flourlover
@moles1138
@marlenestclair

6 Likes

@mick52 wanna join in?

6 Likes

I see what you did there.

7 Likes

pretty sure she said yes

4 Likes

Box of Goodies Part 2!!
Still have time to join!!

@therealjrn
@mbspell
@Queen89
@gingirlj
@pepper114
@uvassassin
@Neiciejean
@Flourlover
@moles1138
@mick52

7 Likes

Just double checkin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

are you now not in it?

5 Likes

maybe I’ll just drive up and hand deliver to @mick52

4 Likes

I am, Woot won’t let me add anymore names to one post. I am going to have to divide the list in half. I’ll do that when the join deadline happens tomorrow.

6 Likes

Pro Tip: You can list as many nicks as you want, just don’t use the “@” in front of the names for your master list.

6 Likes

Oh, yeah, that makes sense.

6 Likes

I;m dealing with hip and leg pain today. Not thinking too clear I guess.

3 Likes