Wellington Vineyards Dessert Wine Trio

Ha, only because I forgot, and then there was that BD thing.
Hi to both of you, and thanks.

Pardon my zero knowledge on white port. Do you drink it chilled? And what temp would you reccommend?

Your vintage port will hold for a long time but what about the other two?

Yes, the wine club will end as well. Come March of next year the exclusive rights to use the brand will transfer to the new owners.

Only very lightly chilled (60 or so) is best IMHO. The vintage port will indeed evolve for many years, but the Criolla and white are “designed” to be mature when bottled and are best within a couple of years of bottling.

The 2009 should develop for ten to twenty years - it really depends on stylistic preference as to when you drink it. At twenty years it will be similar in some ways to what the Criolla is now. The other two ports will hold for a couple of years, but will be fading more than developing during that time.

Toby told me about that yesterday. As long as we don’t have to store them indefinitely :smirk:

Yes, or close, depending on shipping costs.

I am always interested in distribution, but it would be only for one year now. Have your connections contact me if that isn’t a deal breaker.

I think it sounds interesting, but there’s only one way to know.

Call Toby?

And I want to chime in on this white port. I fell in love with it. So I have tried a half dozen or so other white ports, and they don’t come close. They tend to be light and bland. I got a half case via wootlegger a couple years ago, and down to one bottle. I’ll try to get in via alternate method.

This makes us sad :frowning:
But we’ve got 10+ cases from you and that number will have to keep rising!

+1 :slight_smile:
To be fair, some of the wine you’re holding for him is for me and molarchae.

I don’t know what you’re talking about… :wink:

Actually, that reminds me…we still need to sort out replacing that Victory magnum that got cooked in our move. Toby and I spoke about it a while ago but never circled back to finalize.

That’s what I wanted to know. Thank you sir.

Bah, I will be moving, I dont need more wine. I still have some other wellington port from a previous offering. Decisions, decisions. Do I want this?

Uh oh RJ even the winemakers need you to pick up. :slight_smile:

lol, sounds like he’s become infamous.

Trader Joes has a wonderful gingerbread mix that would pair perfectly with this port

Hi Peter,

One of my first Woots about 3 years ago was a Wellington offer and I’ve bought several hundred bottles since, more than any other wine. I bought this offer last time but haven’t opened them yet.

Like many others, I will miss your wines and your participation when you retire next year. I live a long way from Sonoma (Florida), but am excited that I will be in Sonoma later this month, and will get to visit Wellington before you turn it over to the new owners.

Hope I get to meet you, thank you for your wonderful wines, and have the opportunity to wish you a happy retirement in person.

Cheers!

Anyone in D.C. or Maryland willing to “WootLeg” me a set?
I’m in NoVa near Alexandria