What is the LEAST crappy item you have received in a Bag of Crap?

Ok, on the flipside of this thread, what item have you received in a BOC that was the least disappointing?

Mine was a nice watch ($295 price tag still on it) that only needed a battery. My husband wears it every day!

16 Likes

A ROOMBA !

21 Likes

A set of silverware, it was an inexpensive set but It’s been in solid use for more than 6 years. I got it in a BOC right after I closed on my house; perfectly timed if I say so myself.

10 Likes

Do you use the roomba? My daughter has one, but my dog sheds so much that I think it would get done with a room and have to cough out a hairball already.

6 Likes

It’s not the least crappy, but it’s the most sentimental thing I have. Used to be a running family joke as my dad got those kind of Christmas tree. I got it way back on the old woot and I keep it on my vanity table and think of dad and mom

22 Likes

Years ago I got an (at the time) super high capacity power bank, and I used it for years.

8 Likes

Air pillows. Guaranteed enjoyment every time.

28 Likes

Do items from Letter boxes count? Cause I got a pair of Ferragamo sunglasses that originally retailed for $360. They were available at the time for $160, which is still a lot and they are really good sunglasses.

Someone else got a pair of Porsche sunglasses with changeable lens that cost $750 to $1000. Can’t remember if that was a letter box or a regular BOC

6 Likes

haven’t used it recently, needs a new battery now since it arrived mid-2008 I think

3 Likes

I got one of those, too. Unfortunately it’s packed away in storage. How great is it you received something to remind you of your parents.

7 Likes

The Sennheiser headphones from the last LE crap were pretty great. I sold them to a friend for $80, so I made $30. Then used the money (the $80, that is) to buy a used portable air conditioner, so it all worked out well.

One of my favorite things was a set of food storage containers (the kind that lock on all four sites and have a hole in the top) I use every day. Oh, and the two giant bath towels also get used all the time. There are a lot of things I have – screwdrivers, shower curtain, curtain panels, etc., that I use all the time, plus I have a lot of decorative things sitting on shelves I’ve received over the years – mugs, toys, etc. Periodically, I’ll pick something up or see something around my apartment and think, “Oh, yeah, I got that in a bag of crap.”

I sold a GPS system I received on eBay once for around $75, I think. And I’ve donated a lot of stuff or given it away to friends.

6 Likes

Wooster.

But, not in a ‘letter BOC’, a digital scales that is worth quite a bit.
I may use it someday…

19 Likes

Pre-amazon it was a broken led lenser flash light. Post-amazon it was a pair of those sneaker glove things that aliens and hipsters wear.

2 Likes

Weren’t those the ones that were $100?

3 Likes

I got my first power bank from Woot too, but I bought it, well before I even knew what a bag of crap was! Maybe I should have waited. :wink:

3 Likes

Some of the other nice things we have received, between my husband and myself has been a camelback-type hydration backpack, set of really nice sheets that fit our spare room, a DVD-BluRay player, a couple of nice men’s shirts that fit hubby, but the thing that we use the most was a set of salt/pepper shakers that look like mini mason jars.

And speaking of salt/pepper shakers, did you know why the bottoms have nubs?

9 Likes

That’s not why. That may be a happy coincidence, but that’s not why.

4 Likes

What is the real reason?

5 Likes

Love that chicken!

6 Likes

Mostly to prevent it from sliding off or sticking to a glass table that is wet. Have you ever used a drinking glass with a flat bottom on a flat wet surface? Sometimes it will slide around as the liquid creates a barrier between the glass and surface. Other times, it will be tough to pick up because that layer of liquid creates a vacuum effect. Many types of glass bottles and jars will have those ridges. Many salt and pepper shakers don’t have them.

1 Like