When is woot going to rehire a shirt QA person?

I’ve bought woot shirts since before shirt.woot was a thing, I still have many of my originals, but since about Nov/Dec of last year their quality has gone to hell. The designs start peeling after a few washes and the shirts become rags. woot! please hire a quality control person for your shirts! For reference I bought a 2 or 3 X Cookie Monster “The Binge” shirt in 2017, wore the hell out of it. Lost a bunch of weight and stopped wearing my huge woot shirts. Was excited to get it as a Large and now it is basically a rag :frowning:

Here are a few pictures (looking back both both bought Dec last year) but I have some others (the Mandalorian treehouse one “Razor Tree”, “Black Knight Among Us”, and more) that are peeling and purchased more recently.

I’m very sorry. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. Link to those photos will speed things up.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

My cookie monster OG shirt is still going strong as well. Anything newer just peels. There is a long thread on shirt peeling. You can get a small credit to woot by going through their customer service. But they dont acknowledge a clear issue.