Woot Llmited-Edition Blrthday BŌC

I ended up in the VoP twice thanks to the wootstaker site and phone app. Thing is, I’ve just been watching it. Don’t rely on sound notifications at all, though.

I’m kind of curious how long it will leave me waiting in the vestibule of patience… the thing has been sold out for quite some time now.

I usually just close it once the item sells out, but now I’m starting to wonder if it’s just a dummy screen that will go on forever.

Think I will try regular site and not app. Because the app has sucked.

As a new woot customer, you should be thankful not to score a bag of crap. LOL. Disappointment is great.

Wootstalker got me to the VOP and then my cart, but sold out by then. Closest I came all day to one.

Or you could look at the sales maps on the past sales. :tongue:

My wootalizer quit working over 6 months ago :frowning:

There was a time I would stay up all night so I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to grab a BOC. I have given it up. Checked in today and gave it a try. It was sold out before I saw it. F- 5ing like crazy. I’m out. I’ve never gotten anything worthwhile in a BOC anyway.

it takes you to the buy screen and says it is sold out and has been removed from your cart. The time it takes depends on the order you entered. It runs through each person in front of you one by one until it gets to you.

Yes. I believe I am the only Marylander all day to get one! :slight_smile:

Hey ThunderThighs, I goofed.

I meant to login to my wife’s amazon account to get one for her, but I was still in mine and trigger happy and it let me buy a second one.

Open Woot in another tab and check your “Stuff You Bought” page.

I have noticed a difference I dont see them show up between items now that I am on my wifi at home on the couch instead of plugged into the Cat6 Ethernet connection directly to my switch on my desk at the office.

And btw, wootstalker, twitter, wootwatcher, are not working either. I am seeing better results using Firefox than Chrome.

I am getting a long CAT6 cable and running it directly to my router. Well see…

Nope…

Sorry. It shall be canceled.

I’m serious on one per person. :slight_smile:

Does the 31 day rule apply for limited edition b-day boc?

It is getting kind of ridiculous. Everyone should at least have a chance to buy it. What I mean by that is that everyone should be able to see it. Which isn’t happening.

Holy Moly I finally got it!

Here’s my strategy.

I used Woot Checker, you can set it up to pop up the page with certain keywords. Of all the things I tried, this is the only one that pops it up as it comes into the system. Unfortunately woot’s site and social are too slow. I could also never get Wootstalker to work right.

You need to know where the buttons are as there’s no time to move around. I used a touchscreen laptop and had my fingers positioned over where, after many failed attempts, I knew where the buttons were.

Then, here’s the biggie for me, I switched from my Amazon account to my regular Woot account. I love using my Amazon account, but the part where it tries to load it’s more complex pay system will take too long.

The basic Woot account loads the pay options way quicker and thus the “purchase” button comes up quicker.

Earlier, when I thought it charged my wrong card, I realized I had changed my default card in the Amazon account but not when I decided to switch to the basic Woot account. So the first legit attempt charged the wrong card.

But since TT needs some new shoes, I’m going to leave my humidifier test purchase in place and not cancel it.

Good luck!

After about 20 minutes on the Limited Edition, give it up.

On BOCs, wait 20 or a little longer.

I really can’t believe I got it this time! It just happen to show up on refresh, nothing special. Maybe 2-4 sec from when I saw it, to me placing the order. Must be the way the server handles requests, because my pc has been slow all day and Twitter, Woot Stalker, and Woot Watcher has not been working very well for me either.