Woot! Shenanigans: A Primer

We get a lot of questions about what we mean by the Shenanigans part of our “Deals & Shenanigans” slogan. So here’s a quick breakdown of the kind of weird stuff we do:

Woot-off
Woot-Off: Every month or so, our Clearance page flips into Woot-Off mode for 12-14 hours. Brand new deals pop up every 30 minutes or less, and the quantities are low, so they don’t last long. It’s also a really good chance to snag a…

boc
Bags o’ Crap: BOCs, as we call 'em, are random collections of stuff that we shove into a box and sell for $10. They’ve been a Woot! staple since we launched in 2004. Wanna know what’s in them? Visit www.woot.com/postmyboc to see what the (un)lucky recipients have gotten recently.

dom
Deal-O-Meter: We offer up a product at a typically good price, but we give you the chance to vote to make it even lower. Happens on our special Deal-O-Meter page every other Monday, unless we go wild and run a bunch in a row for things like Mischief Week.

wtf
WTF Pricing: WTF is short for Woot!'s Totally Fun Pricing, where we list a product with limited quantity for $1 and then raise the price every 10 minutes, until we reach a “final” price and/or it sells out. We run these a few times a year when we wanna make people go crazy.

locker
Woot! Locker: We take a huge empty box, price it at $50,000, and film ourselves adding random things to it on our Twitch channel. The price of the locker goes down throughout the stream until we get to a price that someone wants to actually pay for it. And yes, people DO buy them.

funhouse
Woot! Funhouse: We build a page that looks like this, with a bunch of different doors. Every 10 minutes for 2 hours, each door points to a different thing: a super-limited-quantity deal, a coupon, and other random stuff. We only run them a couple times per year, so BE READY!

apps
Digital Crap: Every day on the Woot! app, play a game to unlock the chance to buy a super-cheap product, shirt, maybe even a Bag o’ Crap! The games are easy to play (well, most of the time) and even if you don’t beat the game, you can get a sweet consolation prize.

Jeez, that’s a lot of stuff. How are you ever gonna know when all these things happen?

• Subscribe to the Woot! Daily Digest and our Weekly Newsletters
  • Get the Woot! app for things like Digital Crap and Pointless Pushes
  • Just always leave your computer on woot.com and never turn it off
  • Check your mailbox for our monthly printed circular
  • Look up at the sky for our secret messages in the clouds
6 Likes

Is there a shenanigans week soon???

3 Likes

Lol. YAY!!!

Good. I need more boob tape.

2 Likes

Lol. How’d you use it so fast? Have you been doing arts and crafts with it?

1 Like

I’ve been applying it to my cat’s boobs every day. She has several, you know.

3 Likes

Rofl!

1 Like

I gather you’re covered in blood and scratches from removing them?

3 Likes

Wait, you mean I should have been removing them, too?

1 Like

Can’t embed this gif.

http://gifgifmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/macka-i-selotep.gif

4 Likes

That’s perfect. :smiley:

1 Like

Also, you can make an offer on a deal by posting in the forum how much you want to pay and woot may or may not lower the selling price!

2 Likes

Feel free to edit your post to steal this embeddment of your gif and then delete my psot.

1 Like

THANK YOU! Here is fine.