Woot! Shenanigans: A Primer

We get a lot of questions about what we mean by the Shenanigans part of our “Deals & Shenanigans” slogan. So here’s a quick breakdown of the kind of weird stuff we do:

Woot-off
Woot-Off: Every month or so, our Clearance page flips into Woot-Off mode for 12-14 hours. Brand new deals pop up every 30 minutes or less, and the quantities are low, so they don’t last long. It’s also a really good chance to snag a…

boc
Bags o’ Crap: BOCs, as we call 'em, are random collections of stuff that we shove into a box and sell for $10. They’ve been a Woot! staple since we launched in 2004. Wanna know what’s in them? Visit www.woot.com/postmyboc to see what the (un)lucky recipients have gotten recently.

dom
Deal-O-Meter: We offer up a product at a typically good price, but we give you the chance to vote to make it even lower. Happens on our special Deal-O-Meter page every other Monday, unless we go wild and run a bunch in a row for things like Mischief Week.

wtf
WTF Pricing: WTF is short for Woot!'s Totally Fun Pricing, where we list a product with limited quantity for $1 and then raise the price every 10 minutes, until we reach a “final” price and/or it sells out. We run these a few times a year when we wanna make people go crazy.

e9a1a6316163fdbdb007adbdcfb65d4ebe61263b
Woot! Funhouse: We build a page that looks like this, with a bunch of different doors. Every 10 minutes for 2 hours, each door points to a different thing: a super-limited-quantity deal, a coupon, and other random stuff. We only run them a couple times per year, so BE READY!

6c34772ad9772cbc3f1ef052759ec25b58e90f2f
OMG: OMG is short for Outrageous Mystery Goody. We take something, make it cheap but don’t really tell you what it is. Why? We have our reasons. But they are good ones. We only run them during special occasions (like our Birthday or Black Friday).

54c71b01b66634bcd9b735e388782054fb30e0bf
POST MONGERING: People post things in a thread, and then we send random post numbers something from @davejlives’s desk drawer. Trust us, it’s nothing special, but people seem to like it anyway.

Dice
DICE GAME: Get 4 of a kind with @WootyBot’s dice game. Roll 4-of-a-Kind and we’ll send you a BOC. This BOC is not subject to the 31-day rule. We run this once a month!

TTsHappyHour

TT’S HAPPY HOUR: Get ready for Happy Hour!! Come join us for some fun, chatter, and ridiculous amount of scrolling as you try to keep up with the posts. We sometimes give out coupons too. Happens every 2-3 months!

MobileSpecialsApp

MIDNIGHT MOBILE MADNESS: Try to snag a $1 app-only deal at midnight on the app! Better act fast, the deals sell out in a few minutes. Usually runs for 4 nights every Mobile Week.

Jeez, that’s a lot of stuff. How are you ever gonna know when all these things happen?

• Subscribe to the Woot! Daily Digest and our Weekly Newsletters
  • Get the Woot! app for things like Pointless Pushes
  • Just always leave your computer on woot.com and never turn it off
  • Check your mailbox for our monthly printed circular
  • Look up at the sky for our secret messages in the clouds
90 Likes

Is there a shenanigans week soon???

23 Likes
35 Likes

Lol. YAY!!!

18 Likes

Good. I need more boob tape.

19 Likes

Lol. How’d you use it so fast? Have you been doing arts and crafts with it?

16 Likes

I’ve been applying it to my cat’s boobs every day. She has several, you know.

29 Likes

Rofl!

14 Likes

I gather you’re covered in blood and scratches from removing them?

23 Likes

Wait, you mean I should have been removing them, too?

17 Likes

Can’t embed this gif.

http://gifgifmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/macka-i-selotep.gif

21 Likes

That’s perfect. :smiley:

11 Likes

Also, you can make an offer on a deal by posting in the forum how much you want to pay and woot may or may not lower the selling price!

17 Likes

Feel free to edit your post to steal this embeddment of your gif and then delete my psot.

27 Likes

THANK YOU! Here is fine.

10 Likes

what is the F5 finger? Shortcut to buy?

9 Likes

Page refresh button.

13 Likes

Nope. Not even slightly close.

13 Likes

Try putting it on their head between their ears. Low ceiling express!

15 Likes