11" Round Griddle

Those are #0 & #1 pans. I have a #3 skillet, large enough to cook an egg or two.
I also pass by the tiny #1s… I have size #3-#12 but have never used the #3.
#6 & #8 are our usual often-used skillets.

Here’s ‘bottom of pan measurements’:
#2 - 4-7/8"
#3 - 5-1/2"
#4 - 5-7/8"
#5 - 6-3/4"
#6 - 7-1/2"
#7 - 8-1/4"
#8 - 8-7/8"
#9 - 9-3/4"
#10 - 10-1/4"
#11 - 10-7/8"
#12 - 11-3/4"
#13 - 12"
#14 - 13"

4 Likes

I have a small Wagner - Sydney that my mom had. She has a few from my grandma that she doesn’t use but won’t give me yet.

I saw on Reddit, a couple of people sanded down their Lodge pans and the seasoning kept falling off after a couple of uses. These are hard core, talking about their process and etching and force rusting…but they said specifically even though everyone on the YouTube says they sand their Lodge pans those who cooked on it said sanding messes with the binding.

1 Like

If your seasoning falls off, you weren’t doing it right in the first place. Alex the French cooking guy has some good science on it when he was seasoning his wok.

1 Like

:scream_cat::laughing:

Lard or bacon grease ,apply liberal coat, turn upside down and bake for about an hour @350 degrees. New pans should not be used for anything but frying and baking. When you are done each time, place about an inch of water and soak. Lightly scour with a green abrasive pad, then heat till dry, then repeat the oven procedure until you can drop an egg in it and get it to release without a spatula. Food like tomatoes will kill a 3/4 of the way seasoned pan. Try to avoid any at all. You will never place a single drop of soap in your cast iron in your life. You will know when it is fully seasoned by the egg test. I can take mine heat it up and put no grease in it, shake the pan after a few minutes and flip the egg. Hope this helps.

2 Likes