About Everything but Woot!

Is there a way that I can change my username to something more interesting or am I stuck with the one that was randomly spit out for me?? I am a little technology challenged, but not as bad as some people I know! lol
Thank you :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I think so. I’ve had this username for close to 2 decades now so I’ve never tried to change it. Let’s ping a VolMod and see if you can get your LordDeathStarr nick.

@Narfcake is this possible?

9 Likes

We may need a CTO to figure this problem out.

6 Likes

Well, I thought there was. There was supposed to be but it looks like the feature was only partially developed - as in, incomplete. Now they’re saying it was never supposed to be there. So heck, I dunno. I want it. I may not get it.

8 Likes

Hello TT, I am a new Wooter & also tried to see if I could change my name. There is an option in our profile, but it says you can only update once “ever” so be sure…don’t know if that helps at all.
Would like to have my avatar appear, but am challenged as to how to make that happen. :blush:

5 Likes

Hi there. Yeah, that form is supposed to work but doesn’t. I’m being told it was never planned but we have a form? It’s frustrating.

Anyway, if you want your woot avatar:

UPDATE: There are two forms. One by Amazon that doesn’t work but they won’t let us take it away. And one that does work below your wooter name (see my post below with the screen shot).

8 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, read through the post and follow up comments, sadly way above my pay grade. Am severely sleep deprived, maybe it will make sense later, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

qazxswe, thanks for your reply too!

Hi there. Could you see if you have a link as shown in “Your Account”. You can change your name there then log out and back in on the forums. I’m told it should change.

10 Likes

Need a CTO?!?! I can summon Wajeremy but he’s not written code in so long I doubt that he can help.

As ThunderThighs pointed out, you can update this if you have the Wooter######### style name that was auto-generated for you. This 100% works (I know, unlike Wajeremy, I can write code and did write this code!). The page shown above by ThunderThighs is the only place where you can change your name. If you find some other spot, just ignore it :smiley: . I can write code, no one said I could write good code :smiley:

13 Likes

Beeler!!!

I want a penguin related subtitle by my name.

7 Likes

I didn’t intend to impugn your abilities.
It was a CTO-leaving-for-mother-Amazon-joke.

3 Likes

LOL I know, I’m slightly bashing Wajeremy as well :smiley: I really liked working for him but I also really like making fun of him :smiley:

And trust me, my colleagues regularly bash my coding ability, so you’d be in good company with them :smiley: :smiley:

10 Likes

How about a faux Australian accent?

4 Likes

Now that your username now says you’re an undercover penguin, does that mean you are no longer an undercover penguin?

5 Likes

Thank you very much—I am going to check it out now… I will let you know what happens!!

1 Like

I had to do it via the internet in the view desktop mode!! I was about to cry uncle and I thought, “What if I switch to desktop view” and I found it!!
Only problem was the first 3 names I picked out were already taken!! So I went with this—hey it’s better then “wooter########”! lol
Thanks again for everyone’s help :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Yay! Too bad LordDeathStarr was already taken. Which is the crazy one? The furbaby or mom? :smiley:

9 Likes

I will never tell :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I LOVE TACOS!

4 Likes