Asus 13.3” Full HD Core i5 Zenbook Touch

Yes, and if you need to you can keep your photo files on a USB jump drive or a little USB powered external HDD. Or on a SD card. I would probably leave a 64GB SD card in the computer for easy removable data storage.

Back lit keyboard? Why is this never in any specs of any ultra book?

Wow I’m so tempted to buy one right now…but I already have a Dell XPS 12…argh…

THIS!!!

If only I had the money for it!

AWESOME specs, AWESOME price!
Finally something with a small display and high res screen. So tired of all the lower res screens.

My only gripe is, I hate glossy and touch screens on a laptop, but that’s nothing a new $65 matte screen can’t swap out.

I’ve played with these small Asus Zenbooks in the store before, they are totally lustworthy, especially with the high res screen on it!

It has USB3.0. In case you haven’t used it before, its wicked fast. Grab a usb3.0 external drive if you need the storage space. The copy speeds to/from a USB3 device is mind blowing fast compared to how it used to be.

Small laptops are made for portability, not mass storage.

Because it has a built in battery, do you think this is a new battery since it is a refurb? Or an already partially used battery??

I have this computer without the touchscreen. Its awesome. Nothing I don’t love about it.

You’re only “paying” if you’re buying so not to worry.

What was the model number of the 11"?

Wish this had a more powerful processor. I am a software developer and currently using a weak i7 laptop. Anyone know how Microsoft Visual Studio runs on this thing? :slight_smile:

It’s a very nice Ultrabook. I bought the field upgradable version Zenbook Prime (2012 model) UX32VD in 2012 and put a lot of $$ inside. End up cost > $1400. That one is used by a student now.
I bought this 2013 model from fleabay few days ago, same price. It’s almost as good. It is a Zenbook Prime as well (though no longer use the “prime” lingo.) It is not field upgradable but $600 is a bargain compare with the UX32VD.
It still has the 1920x1080 Full HD IPS LCD panel (now add the touch panel), same low-power 3rd gen i5-3317U CPU. This guy is quite power efficient.
The LCD is glossy not matte. No Nylon protective sleeve included but still has the USB-Ethernet and display port to VGA dongles. It is a bit thinner than UX32VD and has microHDMI port as opposed to UX32VD’s HDMI port.
The weight is 1444 grams, not 2.9 Lbs.
It has Win8 Home Prem preloaded, no media included. No recovery partition is allocated nor loaded.
Back the SSD drive content up first!
I think the usable space is about 60GB. Can’t wait till Win 8.1 is out on Oct 18, 2013.

P.S. it is macbook air like, not mcbook pro. Different trade-offs.

I have this exact laptop and love it. This is a pretty great deal on it too. I actually bought another one and will figure out what to do with them.

The screen is gorgeous, the touch screen works well, the track pad works pretty well, the keyboard is easy to type on and it is ridiculously portable.

My only small complaint is the screen brightness is lower than the non-touch models. I don’t really plan on using it outside much so it isn’t an issue for me, but I honestly don’t think it would be usable in full daylight.

The little sales blurb that woot wrote up is probably the best one I’ve seen in a while. So much so I had to login and say so.

you won’t want to leave the SD card in the computer. It does not fully insert into the body of the computer. without having it in front of me, I would guess from memory that the SD card will stick out from the side by about 1".

I am not sure if you are asking if this computer has a back lit keyboard. It does.

I’ve had the exact laptop since the day it came out (I paid like $1100 at the time). It is a great laptop, with a few minor issues.

1. The hinge in not strong, so if you have the screen open and then pick up the laptop, the screen will fall back as far as it can go (doesn’t go fast so there is no worry of breaking, but it is a nagging issue).

2. If you keep all the touchpad gestures for windows 8 ON, you will have a bad time. Multiple times i would type and have my wrist hit the touchpad and my cursor would put me in the middle of a paragraph and i would continue typing and mess everything up. If you turn those off it works great.

3. Not a power laptop, but it gets your day to day done.

4. Battery is not great

The good things are:

1. it’s very light and portable
  2. starts up crazy fast
  3. Comes with all the adapters

Overall i would get this, but all the new laptops are coming out with Haswell which will increase your battery a ton, so if you know that and still want this go for it. Otherwise wait for the new generation.

Cant beat this price though

I just picked up the windows 7 version of this exact computer from newegg and I am loving it. I did happen to get a power adapter out of box that was DOA. Working with ASUS customer service was a nightmare. I probably would have returned it out of frustration if I did not love it so much. I do find the track pad to be somewhat lacking compared to my wife’s macbook air. But other than that, unless you are an OS X fanboy, this is probably the computer to go with. It is maybe just a touch nicer on the form factor which is what people love about the macbook air. Of course, the full HD display puts it over the top. highly recommended. Get start8 if you don’t like windows 8

Ah hell, price is too good. Trigger = pulled.

Now I’ll have to think about why I bought another laptop on top of the other two already sitting around my room…

It’s in the features:

Backlit keyboard enables easy typing, even in dim lighting

and the specs:

Keyboard: Full-Size Backlit

:tongue:

Oh hey, if you’re pondering this, you might want to note that the “I want one” button is throbbing so it will be selling out pretty soon.