Asus 13.3” Full HD Core i5 Zenbook Touch

**Item: **Asus 13.3" Full HD Core i5 Zenbook Touch
Price: $599.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Asus 13.3" Full HD Core i5 Zenbook Touch)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Asus 13.3" Full HD Core i5 Zenbook Touch)

Glad to see I’m not the only one who’s wondered where Seattle went.

Not that it’ll stop anyone… but yes, it’s got Windows 8. Get Start8 (or an equivalent). Done.

Is no optical drive storage a problem at all? I’m a fairly low tech guy and 128GB is twice what I had on the MacBook I was using just over a year ago. So, if I store all photos and music on other media, no problemo, right?
Looking for opinions from people more expert than myself. That includes all of you.

Check out this “excellent” review over at pcmag.com

Very good reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

Good reviews from Amazon and BestBuy

So am I paying a few extra hundred because it’s an “ultrabook” or because I will have a screen covered in fingerprints?

1920 x 1080 pixels, IPS display.

More like this, Woot. Kthxbai.

This! A thousand times this.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if I hadn’t just snagged its 11.6" (the largest size at which 1366x768 is enough pixels) baby brother for $250 (open box). I might get one anyway.

Bought it new about a month ago for 800. Great laptop but not for power users. Beautiful screen and turns on in a flash with the solid state drive. Very light and portable. I loaded photoshop and office on it. They both run fine, but this is not a gaming computer.

An ebay store just unloaded 1400 of these (refurbs) the other day for the same price. (See ebay listing 310723783620.)

As you can see from the posted reviews, there are many great things about this laptop. Some have complained about light bleed on the screen, the keyboard in general, and the screen not being sturdy enough when it gets past 90 degrees.

Also, there is a sleeve for this that ships with it when it’s purchased new, but it’s not included with the refurb.

While I wonder why there are so many refurbs out there, this computer is sleek, powerful and has a high resolution screen. Definitely a lot of computer for $600.

Right size. Excellent weight.

Rights screen resolution (yea Woot)!

Good processor. SSD instead of HDD. Me likey.

Fair price, given reconditioned status and now one generation from current processor.

Mad at Asus for a few things, common to this class of machine and maybe even unavoidable given size constraints - micro HDMI vs regular and Ethernet via adapter only, and no ability to upgrade RAM. This processor is just capable enough to use with some software that likes 8 gigs better.

Still - pretty good, Woot, pretty good.

I bought this ultrabook new 3 months ago for $1100. It is awesome. I bought and returned 2 other laptops (thanks Best Buy!) (a 15 inch Asus with poor battery life and a 13 inch Lenovo Yoga with poor keyboard) before deciding on this one. Best decision ever.

I love its lightweight and thin design. It’s so light, I take it everywhere. The fast bootup time is unbelievable. The battery life is satisfactory. The keyboard is better than most laptops out there today. The screen is crisp and clear, and though there is a little light bleeding on the edges when the screen is completely black, it doesn’t bother me.

I give this laptop 5 stars. I’d buy it again.

OK, so I gather by the other comments that the memory isn’t upgradable. That would imply the SSD is likely not to upgradable either. Does anyone know?

It is not upgradable in a sense. It uses a proprietary mSATA SSD connector that makes the cost of upgrading extremely expensive.

I own the i7 256gb non touch version and the SSD is the same story.

Edit:

I will say though that it is one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Isn’t the text really microscopic on a 13 inch screen at this resolution? Or do I just need new bifocals?

Pinch to zoom works really well and Asus preconfigs the laptop with a slightly larger DPI

Thanks. Kind of like reading stuff on my iPhone I guess. Surprising how easy it is.

A note to the Woot guys. The Microsoft people are extremely devout, although they don’t advertise that fact. That start screen is a depiction of the New Earth, after the Apocalypse. God likes the Space Needle so much that his temple will look like that.

Would this have enough space for photos and editing?