Best lemon-lime soda?

Seltzer with fresh lemon and/or lime juice squeezed into it.

1 Like

Not sure it’s actually considered lemon lime but it’s still the best.

1 Like

I only drank 7up as a kid when recovering from the stomach flu. For some reason my mom thought that was the best was to transition to normalcy. It seemed to work. Anyone else have this remedy from mom?

3 Likes

Today, I think my kids need something to restore electrolytes after throwing up and not drinking/eating well, and it should not be sugary. Yet, as with you, 7UP was the 100% recovery drink with stomach sickness for my growing up. It has to be some throwback to sodas were more medicinal and our parents kept it going.

3 Likes

days of thunder GIF by HBO India
Mellow Yellow = Cole Trickle = Days of Thunder

1 Like

Am I alone that any glimpse or word of Sprite triggers, “Grant Hill drinks Sprite”?
GIF by NBA

1 Like

Mello Yello and Sun Drop are also orange juice-based drinks like Mountain Dew… sigh

Since Woot! went off topic for the poll (and should consider changing the wording to “citrus-based” instead of lemon-lime,) here’s one of my favorite Orange-based sodas… Cactus Cooler!

4 Likes

Sprite and 7Up are lemon lime, Mountain Dew and Mello Yello are citrus.

3 Likes

Lemons and limes are citrus too :slight_smile:

SunnySelect Quencher

It’s like Squirt and Fresca had a baby with a Mai Tai drinking problem.

If the poll is changed to citrus then Sun Drop is the best. :grin:

Sun-Drop-12-OZ

2 Likes

Why you all got to hate? A couple of monkeys wrote the poll. Did you think they would be accurate all of the sudden? Take a deep breath, count to 5, pray to your higher power, then answer the poll or choose not to answer. What is or is not a lemon lime soda is not worth arguing over. The woot monkeys could have added Pepsi mango and really stirred the pot. What do you expect from simians?

5 Likes

Y’all got any of that Sierra Mist?

2 Likes

And brominated vegetable oil for that “slickery” mouth feel

Also, SunDrop soda for the win!

2 Likes

Or maybe even Sun Drop.

2 Likes

This soda reminds me of solitary confinement and chalk dust…
But it is lemon-limey
And awful.
76e688049ab2828d116396c777bb62c8

4 Likes

Faygo Moon Mist. Basically half the price of the Pepsi and Coke products, tastes close enough, and I like money more than a pop.

1 Like

Never had this product but real sugar makes almost everything taste better.

2 Likes

But…but… What about da’ Wink!!!

1 Like

I suspect that parental-medical-toolkit holdover is from when ginger ale contained enough real ginger to be productive for stomach upset. Or, much less likely but still possible, maybe from when Coke really did contain coke…

1 Like