Best movie franchise?

Best movie franchise?

Voted before I remembered The Hobbit movies hahahahaha :upside_down_face:

Star Wars overall for the wide breadth of content. Even when it sucks it’s fun

2 Likes

Considering most of the shirts I buy from Woot are Star Wars related, I think maybe I like Star Wars a little.

2 Likes

What no marvel/dc

the avengers marvel GIF

5 Likes

I actually like the Godzilla series.

But mixing two franchises might be interesting.

2 Likes

Star Wars. The Original Trilogy. Only the Original Trilogy. Period.

3 Likes

I went with Police Academy because it never lost its way, those movies came out lousy and the quality never changed. You could always count on Police Academy movies to suck. Unlike The Godfather and Star wars which started out great and then managed to grow into something that was an abomination.

4 Likes

I can’t decide on just one, too many come to mind. I am definitely Star Trek fun and think it should be included in here.

However, there are also some great works that are not that wildly known, especially to younger generation. Examples include British Red Dwarf, American-Canadian Due South and Highlander TV series, and quite a few more.

1 Like

Paul Gross - episode clip from Ride Forever [Due South]. A little of fantasy, some tenderness, some sorrow and pain, a lot of comedy, great cinematography, great music, fantastic scenic locations.

Star Trek

2 Likes

ShortList website: Red Dwarf: 20 Essential Episodes | Den of Geek

The 50 Best Red Dwarf Quote

In this British mix of space sci -fi and comedy, introducing the flow of action and the characters is too just cannot be done in a few paragraphs, so instead here are some of the 50 quotes as in the title. The numbers follow the sites numbers. Below the quote is the name of the character and the episode title.

How did I end up like this, on a ship where the fourth most popular pastime is going down to the laundry room and watching my knickers spin dry?

- Kochanski, Duct Soup

Lister: Kryten! Are you okay, man?
Kryten: I have a medium-sized fire axe buried in my spinal column. That sort of thing can really put a crimp on your day.

- Lister and Kryten, Quarantine

Lister: Caligula’s a famous Roman Emperor. He slept with his mother, both his sisters and ended up eating his son.

Cat: Hey, a little advice, bud. We all feel a little peckish after making love, but most of us settle for pizza.

- Lister and Cat, Meltdown

Kryten [on Rimmer]: A man so petty and small-minded he would while away his evenings sewing name labels on to his ship-issue condoms?

- Kryten, Justice

Pub." Ah, yes: a meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

- Kryten, Timeslides

Well, the thing about a black hole - its main distinguishing feature - is it’s black. And the thing about space, the colour of space, your basic space colour, is black. So how are you supposed to see them?

- Holly, Marooned

Rimmer [on owing 8500 in tax]: What? This is wrong! This is dead wrong!

Lister: It doesn’t matter now. Not gonna catch you now, are they?

Rimmer: Just because we’re three million years into deep space and the human species is extinct? That means nothing to these people. They’ll find us.

- Rimmer and Lister, Better Than Life

Arnold Rimmer, Technician, 2nd Class. Captain’s remarks: “There’s a saying amongst the officers: If a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well. If it’s not worth doing, give it to Rimmer. Promotion prospects: comical.”

- Holly, Waiting for God

David Lister, Technician, 3rd class. Captain’s remarks: “Has requested sick leave due to diarrhea on no less than 500 occasions. Left his previous job as a supermarket trolley attendant after ten years because he didn’t want to get tied down to a career. Promotion prospects: zero.”

- Holly, Waiting for God

I am Holly, the ship’s computer, with an IQ of 6000; the same IQ as 6000 PE teachers.

- Holly, Future Echoes

I’m so gorgeous, there’s a six month waiting list for birds to suddenly appear, every time I am near!"

- Cat, Back in the Red

"Let’s at least ask someone who’s at least going to give us a slightly more intelligent opinion. Hello, wall! What do you think? "

- Kochanski, Beyond a Joke

How come you need more memory? Over the years you’ve had more RAM than a field of sheep!

- Cat, Tikka to Ride

I knew I was lying. No silicon heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

- Kryten, The Last Day

“I tell you one thing. I’ve been to a parallel universe, I’ve seen time running backwards, I’ve played pool with planets, and I’ve given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I’d taste an edible Pot Noodle."

- Lister, Demons and Angels

Rimmer: “I’ve seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.”

[Steps up to the bar]

Rimmer: “Dry white wine and Perrier, please.”

- Rimmer, Gunmen of the Apocalypse

Now kindly cluck off, before I extract your giblets, and shove a large seasoned onion between the lips you never kiss with.”

- Rimmer, Stasis Leak.

Star Wars is getting the most votes?!! Better than the Godfather and LOTR, huh?
Today is clearly a low point for Wooters.

The Godfather = Giant steak cooked to perfection.
LOTR = Fried chicken with a side of Mac and cheese followed by a bowl of ice cream drizzled with chocolate.
Star Wars = Cotton candy! Fun to eat and look at, but leaves you hungry and a little sick. Anything with Ewoks and Mark Hamill’s acting can not be considered best in any universe.

2 Likes

No food analogy for “Police Academy”?

There’s more Star Wars March on Woot! than any of the franchises listed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything Police Academy related.

Blue Oyster.

Alien. Then Riddick.

2 Likes

Well, that agrees with what I like to eat. I prefer fried chicken to steak, but that could be because I haven’t seen The Godfather yet. It’s on my to-view list for the year, after My Fair Lady and Casablanca.

Excellent point. Plus it had Tackleberry who was my fav. <3

I didn’t see the last one but I really liked the others. So it’s worth a watch?

1 Like

The matrix.
Each generation has a PEAK movie franchise that came out at the perfect time for THEIR generation.
Millennials have Harry Potter.
Gen X might be Star Wars.
I think it has to do more with nostalgia and less with quality

DC…too much political drama

1 Like