Charbroil Infrared 2 or 3-Burner Gas Grills

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Charbroil Infrared 2 or 3-Burner Gas Grills
Price: $169.99 - 229.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days. (Wednesday, Oct 12 to Thursday, Oct 13) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://tools.woot.com/offers/charbroil-infrared-2-or-3-burner-gas-grills) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Charbroil Infrared 2 or 3-Burner Gas Grills) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Charbroil Infrared 2 or 3-Burner Gas Grills)

I have a charbroil professional infrared gas grille. Hands down the best grill I’ve owned. We’ve had it for 5 years and I finally had to replace the grill grates. On high it puts off some serious heat. Plus charbroils parts department is nice if you ever need parts. Even like side panels and back panels can be purchased.

Unless it uses charcoal I’m not interested.

This is a great grill and is identical (although I can’t imagine how) to the one I bought many, many years ago. My burners are just now starting to go and the igniter quit just last month, otherwise it is still in great shape for a grill that is OVER 10 yrs old. It stays outside year round (MI) covered, of course. : ]

Have had our all stainless version for about 5 years; seriously makes some of the best steaks I have ever tasted, but the 3 burner temp range is limited, ie goes from hot to surface of the Sun hot. Put the natural gas conversion on ours which may be part of it but regardless it is amazing to cook on. Stainless skin quality could be better… but once it really starts to crap out I won’t hesitate to buy another.

The description says “gas grill”. Does this mean natural gas or propane ??
-whomever writes these must be an idiot.

I’ve had the 3-burner version for several years, and it’s the best grill I’ve owned. The price is right too…about what I paid for mine, on sale, way back then. The reason the grill is great is that you can’t burn your food. Used to be that I’d “hockey puck” the first couple of meats of the season and then get better. Now I’m a grill-master; thanks to my infrared grill.

It takes a lot longer to shovel your driveway with one of these.

YMMV.

I have on of these too, but I’ve replaced the grates once and need to again because they are total crap. The first set rusted within 4 or 5 months, this second set is about 8 mos old and I’ve been limping along. Charbroil parts folks were awesome and sent me new ones for free the first time, but I’m not under warranty anymore. I followed their cleaning directions explicitly and even purchased the exact cleaner and cover they recommended.

I have had by 2 burner Charbroil Grill for 5years. Living in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia area) I grill year round.

The ledges that the trough sits on start rusting about 2-3 years in, I keep it clean, but the rust has spread and the trough is about to fall through the frame. I was quite disappointed in this as there is no way to replace this part.

I’ve been looking for a new grill, two burner, and even thinking of splurging on a ceramic grill. With the Washington Nationals doing well in the playoffs, I’d rather spend my $$ to see them play. Looks like I might be investing in another Charbroil Infrared.

Are you having issues with rust at all? I’ll take some pictures of my grill tonight and post them. I don’t think there are replacement parts for what I need.

Anyone know if this is propane only or can it also use NG???

Edit (researched user manual):
•Use grill, as purchased, only with LP (propane) gas and the regulator/valve assembly supplied. If your grill is Dual Fuel ready, a conversion kit must be purchased for use with natural gas.

Strange, I’ve also had the 3 burner version for about 5 years, and the only issues I’ve had were:

1. After 4 years, the trough was sagging and somewhat distended.

2. The igniter varied between unreliable and dead.

I fixed both with ordering parts through Charbroil. I bought the ignition switch, which the parts department identified as the most likely culprit, the battery compartment, which can malfunction too, and a new trough. Ran about $80 in parts, and the grill works like new. Never had any problems with the grates.

Make sure it’s the frame material rusting and not the trough sides, the trough gets beat to hell with heating/cooling and needs replaced now and then.

Thanks.

Yeah, my igniters never last long. I just use a lighter to get it started.

Yup, it’s the frame material. I noticed it this spring when I tried to do a major cleaning. I didn’t get very far as chunks and strips of the frame ledge that the trough sits on where crumbling off. I needed it to last the rest of the summer, so I carefully set it all back the way it was.

Quite fortuitous that Woot has the same grill available. Maybe I can get 5 year out of this one, and eventually save up for a ceramic.

Per the linked manual, it uses propane.

According to the user manual linked with the product:
•Use grill, as purchased, only with LP (propane) gas and the regulator/valve assembly supplied. If your grill is Dual Fuel ready, a conversion kit must be purchased for use with natural gas.

I had one I bought about 7 years back. Consumer reports had great things to say about these, especially at this price point. It cooked great (non IR) but after about 4 years really showed it’s age. Rust ruled. Frame components, burners, grates, etc. It wasn’t worth replacing a rusty piece, because you’d have to pretty much rebuild the grill. I almost bought another, but some research showed that this is a common problem. It was a great grill, but after 3 years or so, it starts to deteriorate.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Weber. Best grill I’ve ever owned.

Which Weber did you go with? And did you have a 2 or 3 burner Charbroil?