Concord Cookware 7-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set

Concord Cookware 7-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set

So, “pot only” means no lids? For this entire set?

Inquiring minds want to know. No lids is a deal-breaker for me.

Stainless steel, and yet not compatible with induction burners. Sooooo low grade non magnetic stainless steel then.

No, that means the dimensions are for the pot not including the lid. You get what’s pictured.

That was my question. I’ve never seen stainless cookware that’s not induction compatible. I’m not sure that I understand the “just” of that. I try not to stay ignorant, can someone please explain.

Here’s the Q&A on Amazon. I’m still going with not compatible.

No reason for it not to work - this is the chart from the induction burner that was being sold here a week or so ago. (I saved it just to remind me which pots to buy when I get ready to do that) Hope this helps!

Hi,

I am a customer service rep for Concord Cookware. Let me clear some misprints about this product.

1. The 2 pots in question does have lids. This set includes 1 pot with lid, 2 saucepans with lid, 1 frying pan without lid (shares lid with pot)

2. This set IS induction compatible.

Sorry for the confusion. Please let me know if there are any questions

Actually most higher grade stainless steel such as 300 series stainless are not magnetic. They generally are made with 18 parts chromium and 10 parts nickel, neither of which are not magnetic. We add a 400 series magnetic stainless steel on the bottom to make it induction compatible.

The reason why magnetic or ferritic steel is generally not used for cookware is because it is prone to rusting. More Iron is added into the ferritic stainless steel to make it magnetic.

Hope this helps