Derby entry comments for Derby #154: Cities

Thinking about how cool cities are, I couldn’t help but think that some of the best city scenes have trees in them. The building are impressive, but that pop of green from an old tree is what makes it beautiful. So that’s how this came about.

BTW, just for funsies I’m running a little contest on facebook this week. I’m going to give away the sketch for this design and all you have to do to be considered is visit my facebook page and make a comment. One person will be picked at random. Check it out over there for more details.

this is pretty cool looking. aurora borealis style.

This is a collaboration between myself and Malice_Kaiser, Enjoy! :smiley:

Cities? Only the biggest, please:
México D. F. or Mexico City, 1 color design on Lemon.

it’s like Metropolis on acid, like :slight_smile:

This could use glow-in-the-dark ink.

Like the concept but the clouds and buildings don’t look like they go together. The buildings are too rough sketch looking and the clouds are very clean and graphical. Also why is it on a lavender background and what are those 3 colored dots to the left, cause those colors aren’t in your design.

Awww, I really like this one! GMV!

Detail 1:

Detail 2:

Thank you!

Oh, this is very pretty. The colors are very nice and create a peaceful feeling.

Love this

good luck with the non-gitd one now, but i still hold hope that woot will want the gitd one. =)

Awesome! Hopefully this will do well!

I like how you ask for help in the derby thread, are given criticism, and you submit it exactly the same, assuring that it still lacks any connection to the theme.

LOL this is pretty cute… though I’m afraid of the clouds placement being right on the boobs. Hmm, I think might be high enough to not be a problem. One more cloud might have helped. =D

Hahah, I love it when people describe my work as such, thanks! :slight_smile:

thanks bass!!! now this…

‘Cause I got a peaceful easy feelin’
And I know you won’t let me down
Cause I’m already standin’
On the ground.

Nice concept!

Rooftop Hopscotch

I was standing outside of my apartment building, and I noticed it is a really weird shape! Since then, I couldn’t stop imagining what it would be like to play on the roof!

4 colors on asphalt

Some detail:

http://www.wenceslaoalmazan.com/tshirt/roof.jpg

every friggen week wences!!! i smile at every design!