Derby Preview #719: Ad Shirts!

The content of your design is up to you, the style is up to Kg07! We are looking for designs in the style of pre-1970 advertisements. Think pre-WWII ad style artwork; propaganda, products you can’t buy, girdles! Maybe not that last one. Or ads from the advertisers dream decade - the 1950’s. We can’t forget the Mad Men era, so we are including the 60’s for some awesome retro styles! He’ll be the judge of whether you hit the mark or not, so fire away on those questions now! Or forever hold your complaints. No cream tees, no politics and no misogyny (that ones for me, it’s just not funny).

Please be sure to email your artwork to shirt-derby@woot.com as soon as you submit!

This Derby begins THURSDAY August 1st & ends THURSDAY August 8th at noon, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Friday - Sunday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale each Monday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

If you want to submit something else, submit here!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

But now the forums won’t be fun when the winners from the derby are revealed.

1 Like

I can still post random cat pics.

Give your cousins some privacy.

I will drop the ban hammer on anyone that does not follow the derby theme (to the letter!) That includes out of place taco designs and anything having to do with my little ponies. Looking forward to lots of great designs!

1 Like

Is the theme inclusive of all advertising styles pre-1970s, or just the eras specifically mentioned?

All advertising styles from before 1970. The ones mentioned are just some examples.

3 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

Thank you!!

1 Like

devil’s advocate here, but could we not to a taco shirt in the style of a 1950s ad? New & Improved! The crunchy shell that brings the kids running. Blah Blah Blah

Yes, that would in fact be within guidelines!

1 Like

Yay! I loves me some vintage art!

2 Likes

Question, if the style is pre 70s can the subject be from anytime? For instance, a modern pop culture reference done in a WWII era style.

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Meet me at the Big Yellow Joint.

2 Likes

Not subbing this one (since I am guest-editor(!), but here is an example of a modern idea in a vintage style

Hey @kg07 any feedback on the submissions so far?

So far so good. Lots of great stuff!

1 Like