Derby Preview #765: Out of Context

Make it funny. Make it out of context.

Your interpretation is as good as mine. Good luck!

No cream, no politics, no corona.

*This Derby begins MONDAY June 8th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY June 15th at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, please check out our full derby guidelines over here!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

1 Like

3 Likes

My brain is cramping trying to find a way to illustrate something out of context. This is gonna be a mind-sploder of a derby

What is ironic in a way is that you still need enough context so that the viewer can see how it might be misunderstood. Like Superman in Wonder Woman’s outfit is… Odd… but when you see Wonder Woman in the background, in the telephone boot with him, then there is just enough context to make it funny.

Now, this is even funnier…

3 Likes

You should use shadyjibes’ shirt for the banner. Straight Outta Context

2 Likes

Those are hilarious

I know! I thought they were great, even the dark humor ones. I totally lold

I am thinking of drawing a centaur with a censored block at where a human’s junk would be, instead of where a horses stuff if. Not sure whether to do MLP style or just whatever. Not sure if it fits the theme… I mean, contextually we know the stuff is not there, so I guess the censored block shifts the context inappropriately?

2 Likes

Oh, DEFINITELY in MLP style…

1 Like

I’m gonna rule 34 all over that! LOL

I’ve tried to submit my design twice now, but it isn’t showing up in the derby. Am I missing something? Both times is seems to say it was successful.

It could be that your file was too large? Can you trying making your file size smaller?

Thank you! I had already made them smaller last night, but not small enough apparently. My files from a couple weeks ago were a bit larger than what I was trying to submit this time, so I didn’t think the size was the issue.

Hrrrm, looking into this.

Can you trying subbing your mock up image as print file to see if that goes through? You can then email it to me and I will replace it for you on our end.

DISCLAIMER: This is only for troubleshooting…everyone else please don’t use this method going forward, we will likely not follow up with you to get your artwork unless we are aware of special circumstances.

What happens to the derby winners when there’s a Woot-off? I really was looking forward to seeing who won this round. Do they just get pushed back further into the week?

Yes, the dailies just run later in the week, second place is up today and third place will run tomorrow.

1 Like