Dick Tracy® WristNet™ Watch by Fossil® Model FX3002

Welcome to the Woot-off item #XX topic page for this product on Friday, January 21st, 2005. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here…

:smiley:

[size=18:0f5a774fd0]woot![/size:0f5a774fd0]

» check the list of Woot-off detail pics «

Dick Tracy WristNet Watch by Fossil
Get news and weather on your wrist
$69.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

For all you gadget lovers–here comes the smart watch. The Wrist Net watch with MSN Direct receives information wirelessly, so you’re in the know while on the go. Find everything from stock quotes to the latest news, all at a glance. Along with a seamless connection to your world, there are tons of watch faces to choose from, for just the look you want. Set-up is easy: simply charge up, activate your watch online, and set up the content channels you want. A subscription to MSN Direct–available in over 100 metropolitan areas in the U.S. and Canada–is required to take advantage of many watch features.

Some Wooters may remember this item’s November debut , but this time we’re throwing in a one year subscription (a $40 value). In addition to the included one year subscription, the Wrist Net watch also features out of the box functionality without any additional fees.

Free features included:
¬ Time - Changeable Faces, Count-down timer, Dual Alarms, Chronometer (Stopwatch)
¬ National News - Headlines and brief text information
¬ Stock Market Updates - Nasdaq, S&P, DJIA current market and 5-Day history
¬ Local Weather - High/Low/Forecast
¬ Calendar - Current/Future/Past Month-at-a-glance

The Dick Tracy Wrist Net Fossil watch includes AC Adapter and Charging cradle for wireless charging solution. It is constructed of Stainless steel and features a durable polyurethane watchband. Fossil ships the watch in a collectible tin with a free black Fossil/Dick Tracy t-shirt and offers a 90 day warranty on the watch. (If we run out of Fossil t-shirts, which we think is unlikely, we will gladly substitute the shirts off of our backs.)
Optional Service Plan:(info at MSN Direct)
Check map at the link above for coverage in your area. First year free, thereafter just $39.95 + applicable taxes per year. Get a year of the most popular MSN Direct channels. Add one-way Personal Messaging via MSN Messenger and Outlook Calendar sync for your appointments to the Smart Plan for $20 more per year.

Channels Overview:

Glance
Scan channel headlines without pressing any watch buttons! The Glance channel scrolls continuously through the channels you select. At any time, enter a channel headline to view the full details.

Stay connected with MSN® Messenger! Receive personal messages on your watch from your MSN Messenger list of family and friends.

Weather
Glance at weather reports and forecasts for your city-and cities all over the world! Local weather information includes current conditions, a three-day forecast, wind chill, humidity, barometric pressure, Ultraviolet (UV) Index, and more.

News
Stay current with news headlines that are pertinent to you and your location. Choose the types of articles you are interested in and receive them in an easy-to-read format. News categories include international, business, entertainment, sports, health, and technology.

Stocks
Choose from a large list of popular stocks and indices and receive updates throughout the day. Information includes quotes, volumes, daily highs/lows, daily percentage changes, and more!

Calendar
View appointments and personal datebook entries from Microsoft® Outlook® on your watch. Get times and locations for the events that are important to you, including professional and collegiate sports.

Sports
Track sports information as it happens with just a glance at your wrist! Continuous updates keep you current on game times, scores, pre-game stories, post-game stories, and standings for your favorite collegiate and professional sports teams.

Daily Diversions
Break up your day with trivia and fun facts - such as word of the day, quote of the day, born on this day and this day in history.

Horoscopes
See what the stars have in store for you and your friends. Receive daily horoscopes for the astrological signs you want to track.

AND MORE…
Choose other channels as they become available, like traffic alerts, movie times and locations, restaurant listings, games, and more.

First Page-ified! :lol:

:frowning: Not too great… But… let’s hope the woot off continues.
Everyone else BUY IT!!!

sweet

Ahh RINGTOSS on top again…

Woot off item #XX – does that mean it’s over?

Man’s style - not my style :cry:

I can’t see having a subscription for a watch (even though one year free is very generous of Woot).

waiting…waiting…waiting

Only if it doesnt sell out :smiley:

keep those barney police around and the woot off shall continue

I guess the woot off is over. This really is the WORST WOOT EVER! It will never sell out unless they only have a few but considering how poorly they were recieved last time they were up they probably got many of them. Come on Woot newbies earn your keep and buy this crap

This thing is sorely lacking in what I consider the defining characteristic of the Dick Tracy watch–the two-way radio.

I have one of these and really like it. When I bought it I didn’t think I would use the MSN Direct feature much, but I use the weather and movie showtime features often. The weather is very accurate, including wind speed, 3 day forecast and even tells you if it is foggy. It is also handy for keeping track of sports scores and breaking news. Not having to set the clock or buy batteries is also nice.

OH NO! the bars not movin…We got sucker punched with a dick tracy watch :smiley:

It appears that NONE of the (even free) features of the watch work unless you are in a metro area. Without that, it is JUST a watch.

Too bad.

Someone please buy these things!

What’s this? No MSN Direct coverage in my area (an established Chicago suburb)??? Weird.