Do you still have some original Tupperware containers?

Do you still have some original Tupperware containers?

9 Likes

Most probably my mom, not me though!!;

9 Likes

Yes.

13 Likes

Does Rubbermaid count? I never got around to buying Tupperware and never received any hand-me-downs

9 Likes

What’s your mom’s is yours

9 Likes

The spaghetti monster ate mines

Friends Infomercial GIF

8 Likes

Someone brought me Christmas cookies in Tupperware, and no one wants to claim it, so, yes, I have one piece.

Christmas Time GIF by Kokee Thornton

11 Likes

I still have a few pieces including a special container made to hold a head of lettuce. Not sure where I got it. I lost most of my old Tupperware when our house flooded in 2016. Of course, I call all similar containers “Tupperware,” regardless of who makes it. Doesn’t everyone? I mean, I’ve never heard someone say they’re putting leftovers in a Rubbermaid.

12 Likes

Yeah… and I also use the containers lunchmeat comes in, too… what of it?

12 Likes

Also reusing yogurt, sour cream, cool whip, butter containers. More size options than Tupperware. Since they are not clear and rarely label, it creates a refrigerator game, “What is this? When was it cook?”

12 Likes

When I was in college whenever I’d visit home my mom would send me back to school with a Tupperware full of food, but I’d never bring it back. I went to school halfway between my brother’s place and my mom’s, and one year we decided to celebrate mother’s Day at my brother’s place. I brought all of the Tupperware and tried to give it back to her (that wasn’t her gift), but she’d flown down and didn’t have a good way to bring it back.

Now every year for mother’s Day I give her a new piece of generic tupperware as a joke gift in addition to her actual gift.

14 Likes

Oh shoot. I forgot about my jello mold. That’s legit.

13 Likes

I do not, will not, can not eat a single one of those things, but… I know what you mean :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

token black costume GIF by South Park

10 Likes

Plastic bad…Pyrex good.

Vintage Health GIF by detoxheavymetalssafely

18 Likes

No. One of my siblings may have gotten mom’s when she passed

8 Likes

I do. Many of them still have the lids. Some are quite sticky now.

10 Likes

Guess it is called a Beverage Buddy. Got it from my mom, but it has been in my fridge for years always holding pancake mix. That sucker has to be at least 40 year old.

16 Likes

I have been to the Tupperware train station, does that count?

6 Likes

Yes, I have a few vintage Tupperware containers.

And recently while thrifting, found some Tuppertoy stencils. And my favorite Tupperware find: vintage (70s?) measuring cups that include both 3/4 and 2/3 cup sizes.

16 Likes