Element 40" 1080p LED HDTV

Solid reviews (3.8 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

These are good TVs.

Not great, or amazing,
just good solid TVs for the money.

& the small frame around the screen makes them look/seem smaller, in a good way.

The slim frame makes a 40 a better fit for a bedroom now than the 32/37’s used to be.

We put two of these in a small game room (bought new at Walmart for $270ish), and they have both been very good, inexpensive TVs.

The only weird thing is they must make gazzillions of these same exact TVs at lots of different factories,
because the two we got, a couple weeks apart were actually different from each other:

Same model number, remotes worked the same on each other,
but a dozen or so subtle differences between the two (height of the mounting pattern on the back, different molds/reinforcements of the TV shell itself, indicator LED brightness, font& size differences of printing, locations of HDMI connectors on the back etc etc etc).
Not bad, just seemed strange to me that two “identical” Element 40" TVs could be so different in so many different ways.

But I would recommend them, especially at this price.

I have a 50" of those. It is fine, just fine. I paid 218$ for it on black Frtiday (including tax), so I can’t complain, but if you want a real nice picture, you need to pay more.
I also have Vzio TVs, those pictures are much better.

FWIW, I also have a 50" from Walmart last Black Friday (Thursday, actually).

Two complaints: (1) Colors are “blotchy” in darker scenes; everyone appears to have a rash-like skin disease. (2) Maybe about once every 20 or 30 minutes, audio goes silent for a second or two.

I’d buy it again for $218 but, no more than that.

If I already have four of these, and I buy another, will it combine the power of the other four into a divine light capable of defeating evil?

I have the 48" that I got last Thanksgiving from Meijer for $179. Good picture, weak sound but we use a soundbar. Only real complaint is we couldn’t relabel the inputs so we have to remember if the bluray player is on HDMI 2 or 3 on our own.

Could describe the Electronic Program Guide (EPG)? Does it show a both the title and description for the program being viewed? How easy is it to view the current antenna signal strength?