Element 40” 1080p LCD HDTV

http://www.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png?wootsux Woot Info Post
snap, crackle, pop. wooters.us crispys

Element 40” 1080p LCD HDTV [Refurbished] - $359.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * Element ELCHW402 40” 1080p LCD HDTV, 2 HDMI, ATSC Tuner

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Element 40" 1080p LCD HDTV
$359.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Element ELCHW402 40" 1080p LCD HDTV, 2 HDMI, ATSC Tuner

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

It’s $450 new at Wal-Mart, and it gets 4.5 stars from 7 reviewers.

“Multiple HDMI connectivity lets you connect multiple HD sources”

Well I guess 2 is technically multiple…but c’mon woot, you’re better than that.

I give this blog posting a 10/10. I’m gonna go have me some nightmares about Roisin LaRouge, the Duskblade’s death!

Damn! Now I feel like buying a bunch of translucent red polyhedral dice; They look really nice on the screen. Need a black hoodie too! :slight_smile:

You know that part almost always comes straight from the manufacturer and/or packaging, right?

Not a stellar price. For about $115 more, you can get a brand new, larger (42") one, with full warranty, 90 day return from Target.

I’m looking for a thing like this to double up as a computer monitor… would that be viable / feasible?

Would I be able to play games on it without too much screen tearing and such?

Getting better, woot… Still, Sam’s has come down to $530 for a new Vizio 42" 120Hz… Check?

Beware that this doesn’t appear to have a QAM tuner, meaning it can’t tune digital cable clear-QAM stations.

Has no one else heard of this brand?

BTW, if Wal-Mart was a bad price (funny way to reference my quality post, Woot), you should see Newegg. They want $550, for a recertified one! And you won’t find it in many other places, either. But at least there’s free shipping.

For about 40 dollars more than that one, you can get the 40 inch 120 Hz Element with the same size screen. 40 inch 120 Hz

First time I’ve done a link, hope it works.

Anyone know who makes the parts? This isn’t a Philips re-brand is it?

[MOD: Link works great but my math says it’s $130 more.]
[MOD Append: OHHHHHH! You meant $40 more than the other Walmart one referenced!!!]

At 60 Hz it’s a little slow. It’ll play any Blu-ray, but 120 Hz is becoming the norm.

As a monitor, the resolution is somewhat low (only 54 pixels per inch, compared to the usual 96 or so for your average monitor). That won’t matter too much for games, but it will look a little bad if you’re going to be looking at the TV up close when using it for other things (i.e. not video/pictures).

The response time of 5ms is also acceptable, but today’s monitors have 2ms response times to make sure games don’t look too bad.

Overall, as a budget solution, this is OK. However, if you don’t need such a large size, I’d suggest a smaller monitor with better performance.

not sure where you get $40 more, more like $120ish. still not bad for “new” i suppose, but I’ll take $365 after shipping for a 40" budget brand.

also wondering who actually “makes” these panels. couldn’t find any info.

wow, vga, hdmi, and no dvi? wuddup widdat?

since when did this become a site for people looking for top of the line products? This is a deal site and the fact of the matter is this is almost $100 less than you can get a comparable tv anywhere. WHY ARE YOU COMPARING IT TO TVS THAT ARE BETTER? WOOT IS THE BEST!