Espressione Caffe Novecento Espresso/Cappuccino Machine

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Espressione Caffe Novecento Espresso/Cappuccino Machine
$249.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Electra-Craft 1387 Espressione Caffe Espresso Maker

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

mmmm… espresso

Good reviews and $300 on Amazon

[url=]http://www.amazon.com/Espressione-Novecento-Espresso-Cappuccino-Machine/dp/B0019CVO1W/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1272171658&sr=8-1-fkmr0

hmmmmmm…world now

http://www.amazon.com/Espressione-Novecento-Espresso-Cappuccino-Machine/product-reviews/B0019CVO1W/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Man. This would help with college, but I don’t have enough money because of, you know, college.

I hate irony.

somehow this would cost less than starbucks in a few weeks

It certainly looks nice but it looks like it’s lacking in true performance. Pressurized portafilter = bad (look it up for yourself).

If you do buy it… buy a grinder as well. A burr grinder, not the cheaper blade grinders.

Oooh, these are nice. My brother and his wife got one for their wedding. They use it every day and brag about how good the coffee is. I still prefer my Chemex, though.

I’d still rather have a drip coffee maker…cheaper than this and just as good. :wink:

Don’t be silly now, you can’t afford NOT to buy it!

Machines like these are great, but you need to take the time to learn how to use them and also, like a food processor, unless you keep it on the counter, you wont use it much… I have a LaPavoni that is very much like this… Excellent cup of espresso… but if you usually drink a watered down over carmelized dessert drink from starblechs, this is not for you…

About half the cost of what looks like the same machine at Target…

I’d just like to point out that if you buy this with the intent of making espresso, you ought to have a proper grinder. Your average household grinder will NOT grind the beans finely enough to extract a proper taste from the brew. Too coarse of a grind means water flows through it more quickly, which means a sour/acidic taste that is very noticeable. Espresso is a drink classified as having a very quick brew time because of the pressurized hot water meeting a very fine grind, so having coarse grinds misses the mark. If you buy this with high hopes for quality coffee, I would advise investing in a more professional grinder to accompany it. Happy brewing!

Is it just me or does this espresso machine seem to have a face?

that is beautiful.

Yeah, I’ve had home espresso and it’s delightful, but it’s not $230 more delightful than French-pressed. Also: how stoned are the copywriters for this site? Wild stuff, guys!

Well… This must be better than the Kaloric machine offered by Woot a while back. But do we take a chance?

You are right about the pressurized part, but the difference is household vs. commercial. Commercial espresso machines take weeks to master (experience speaking), whereas household machines are more popular for not being $5,000 and being much simpler to operate.