Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch Lawn Mower

Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch Lawn Mower

For the price of this mower keep in mind the price you’ll pay (unless you already own one) for the proper extension cord needed for it to perform properly.

2 Likes

I bought one of these from Woot. It is pretty well constructed. The fold down handle is a bonus for storage. The motor is fairly powerful and it cut through some taller grass without trouble. Remember that it has a cord . . .I am used to that but wouldn’t recommend for a larger lawn.

One thing I noticed was that the blade got dinged up pretty quickly, so not sure about the quality of that, but for one hundred bucks It was totally worth it to me.

2 Likes

If you owned a patio home with a mini lawn it might make sense. But even then I wonder how many people end up running over the cord while they are mowing.

If you do buy this please make sure you have an appropriate extension cord that can handle the 12 amp power draw. The ones you use to power your Christmas lights are probally too thin and this mower will pull more power than those cords are designed for.

I switched to an electric mower 4 years ago and I’ll never get a gas mower again (unless I win the lottery and buy a new house with a gigantic yard…). That said, saving up to go cordless is worth it.

3 Likes

I have one of these and use it in a relatively small area. Managing the cord isn’t too bad as long as you’re mowing away from where the cord starts. I got one of the wind-up cord extensions and that helps. It works pretty darn well on even taller lawns…I had to mow it after 3 weeks of growth (probably 10-12 inches) and it was way easier than I thought it would be.

Do make sure you tighten down the bolts at the base of the handle. One of them worked their way off while I was mowing. Luckily I found it later, but was very sure to make sure I tightened it well the second time.

1 Like

Everytime I see one of these, I think about that 1 wooter who demolished his box upon opening and then complained about not being able to send it back.

Lesson: Do not destroy the box until after you’re sure you won’t need it!

2 Likes

Bought this from here a few weeks ago when it was the same price, but with 10% off for people who used the app. GREAT mower. I have about 1/4 acre and it works great since I only need 75 feet of cord to reach the farthest sections. It will struggle in long, wet grass, but other than that it’s plenty powerful and pretty quiet compared to a gas mower. The foam on the handles will rub off in about 3 mows, but not a big deal.

I definitely agree with the other post that mentions getting the proper gauge cord, though. The instruction manual comes with a chart that tells you the minimum gauge required based on length of cord. Follow that or you will burn the motor out on your mower.

Unless you have a large yard, a corded electric mower makes a ton of sense. Cordless sounds great, until you realize how many batteries you need to have charged to get through a single mow. Those older batteries don’t maintain the capacity they advertise. Also, you won’t mow over the cord - it doesn’t take long to figure out how to mow away from it. Unless you are an idiot.

1 Like