Guys in New York

you’ve gotta check out this site…

funny like woot but not only about electronics…check it out

[quote user=“benones”]you’ve gotta check out this site…

funny like woot but not only about electronics…check it out[/quote]

No I don’t Mr “I just signed up today to spam my first post as spam link”…

and y’know what else mister “there is no new york outside of the eponymous city”? New York does not refer to the city. New York refers to the state. so until your precious news letter covers the whole state, please refer to your newsletter as covering New York City, not New York.

Thank you.

damn down staters. think the whole state revolves around them.

Holy balls! It doesn’t!?

You have a point, though. Plus, who doesn’t like saying eponymous. It’s quite the cromulent word.

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]and y’know what else mister “there is no new york outside of the eponymous city”? New York does not refer to the city. New York refers to the state. so until your precious news letter covers the whole state, please refer to your newsletter as covering New York City, not New York.

Thank you.

damn down staters. think the whole state revolves around them. [/quote]

I would completely second you on this one… except that as a midwesterner that recently moved to NY (the state, not the city) I’m a bit dissapointed in the way that folks around here don’t seem to realize that anything exists between the Mississippi river and California.

Dang east coasters.

You mean there IS something between the Mississippi & Cali?

I lived in St. Lou’s Ass for 5 years - what a hell hole. Glad to be ‘back’ on the rightmost coast!

R

[quote user=“TheRASGuy”]You mean there IS something between the Mississippi & Cali?

I lived in St. Lou’s Ass for 5 years - what a hell hole. Glad to be ‘back’ on the rightmost coast!

R[/quote]

new mexico is quite scenic

That’s cause it does. Sure, the state gov’t’s in Albany, but how much do they really do anyway? I’d say the city gov’t’s more important than Albany any day…

[quote user=“jqubed”]
That’s cause it does. Sure, the state gov’t’s in Albany, but how much do they really do anyway? I’d say the city gov’t’s more important than Albany any day…[/quote]

That’s sort of my opinion living in NoVA (Nothern Virginia, i.e. DC Metropolitan Area). Sure, we’re technically part of Virginia, whose government is in Richmond, but they don’t really affect me, especially when compared to the national government. Of course, in my case, the difference in scale justifies my opinion…

No I don’t Mr “I just signed up today to spam my first post as spam link”…

and y’know what else mister “there is no new york outside of the eponymous city”? New York does not refer to the city. New York refers to the state. so until your precious news letter covers the whole state, please refer to your newsletter as covering New York City, not New York.

Thank you.

damn down staters. think the whole state revolves around them.

Holy balls! It doesn’t!?

You have a point, though. Plus, who doesn’t like saying eponymous. It’s quite the cromulent word.

I would completely second you on this one… except that as a midwesterner that recently moved to NY (the state, not the city) I’m a bit dissapointed in the way that folks around here don’t seem to realize that anything exists between the Mississippi river and California.

Dang east coasters.

You mean there IS something between the Mississippi & Cali?

R

new mexico is quite scenic

That’s cause it does. Sure, the state gov’t’s in Albany, but how much do they really do anyway? I’d say the city gov’t’s more important than Albany any day…

That’s sort of my opinion living in NoVA (Nothern Virginia, i.e. DC Metropolitan Area). Sure, we’re technically part of Virginia, whose government is in Richmond, but they don’t really affect me, especially when compared to the national government. Of course, in my case, the difference in scale justifies my opinion…