HP Pavilion Dual-Core 17.3" Entertainment Notebook

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
BILLY MAYS HERE FOR WOOTERS.US

HP Pavilion Dual-Core 17.3" Entertainment Notebook [Refurbished] - $499.99 + $5 shipping

1 * HP Pavilion G71-349WM Intel Dual Core 2.1GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB SATA, 17.3" LED, Win 7 Home Prem 64

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

HP Pavilion Dual-Core 17.3" Entertainment Notebook
$499.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 HP Pavilion G71-349WM Intel Dual Core 2.1GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB SATA, 17.3" LED, Win 7 Home Prem 64

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

here’s the HP Support website

I wounder how good the intel video chipset is considering it only has shared memory with the laptop’s RAM and not its own vRAM

Will this play bluray movies?

Is the description a nod to Script Frenzy, going on now?

is that the windows 98 version of solitaire on the screen?

Most expensive deck of cards I’ve ever seen…

That was my impression of an technophobic person from “The Greatest Generation”. Yes, YOU Papa!

Just a couple months back woot offered the same thing for the same price, except it was a 500gb hard drive, 2.4Ghz processor, and a blu ray player. So what makes this one special… It has less and is the same price.

and last time i checked you need a bluray diskdrive to play bluray disks on a computer

so no

I have personally owned 5 of the Pavilion laptop models and they have all broken in various ways. Hard drive died on two of them just one year in (no big if you have warranty). Two of them have had the hinges broken. Another’s wireless card died. The keyboard on ALL of them are missing keys. If you plan on using them on a regular basis I would avoid this line and maybe even the company in general.

does this have HDMI?

Froogled

Weak photoshop skillz : )

Answer: not good. Ok for Hulu and the like, and perhaps some TF Classic and Starcraft. Anything more and you are probably pushing it.

Apparently not…deal breaker for me.

Will this play solitare?

My girlfriend has one of these. In the time I’ve seen it used, it’s a good laptop for anything but serious gaming - it’s a bit blocky, but it’s do-able. Doesn’t overheat as easily as the other models I’ve seen/used/owned.

No separate video card, no hdmi…what makes this an entertainment system??