Invicta II Men’s Leather Watch

About Invicta at Wikipedia

The fact is, most $14.99 digital watches have more functionality that a $20,000 Patek Phillipe. For example, all digital watches automatically adjust for month length but only expensive analog watches have that complication. But analog watches are collectibles, and some will go up in value. Almost no digital watch will. In fact, some say that the presence of a digital display on an analog watch destroys its aesthetics, thus lowering its chances of going up in value. Using the same logic, quartz watches are generally less collectible than mechanical ones.

Deleted by me… Mods, please delete this comment so it’s not taking up space.

If you are ‘into’ the boxes as well as the watch, check out the metal case for the Reactor. BTW, I have had mine for about 6 months, very heavy well built watch.

There’s a reason for that. They’re only Invicta in name now. It’s been said before, but they’re actually based in Florida. It’s like what happened when Polaroid went under - they sold the name to other companies and slapped it on their products. Except in this case, the name is owned by an investment company that seems pretty hellbent on milking as much out of the name as they possibly can.

The other thing to note is that the movement is listed as “Swiss parts Quartz”. This means, they used some Swiss parts in the movement but it was then all assembled in China (or wherever it was cheapest). It’s somewhat underhanded, but it lets them slap the Swiss name on the product.

If you think that crown is “sbsurdly large,” check out Invicta’s Russian Diver watches. Not only are they HUGE, but they usually have an ugly chain attached.

http://d14idstlzgokp3.cloudfront.net/products/is851-sb.jpg

Deleted by me… Mods, please delete this comment so it’s not taking up space. Thanks.

Sorry, but some people can’t afford a Rolex, or a Patek Phillip, or just don’t want to spend thousands on a watch.

I’m also sick of everyone trashing everything that’s made in China. Why don’t you look at the bottom of that laptop you’re using, your iPhone, iPad, or any other item you have. Guess what, it’s made in China.

Simply put, Invicta watches are made to look like high-dollar watches but are affordable. Will it last 20, 50 or 100 years? Probably not, but neither will a Ferrari and they cost a lot more.

Current grade rating held at the BBB

This shows a lot ahout Invictia’s customer support and product line.

I have had three Invictas. I will be selling them all.

The first (50 meter chrono) leaked on a scuba dive to well under 50 meters. Paid for repair, and it’s okay.

The second (100 meter automatic) lost its bezel on a dive. I have no idea if the warranty covers lost bezels.

The third (really inexpensive) has a bezel that is so loose and cheap-feeling that I’m not even going to wear it.

All that said, these watches are okay for daily wear. They are heavy; my Seiko Kinetic is much lighter and easier to deal with.

BTW, I now wear a Casio digital for diving. It’s good for 200 meters, it measures the temperature, and it has a compass.

Maybe they should hire the person who designs the boxes to pretty up their watches. They are ugly gear.

Exactly.

I own a few Invicta watches… My rules for them are as follows!
1} Never pay more than $100 for one! EVER!
2) Never get one wet!
3) If it breaks TOSS IT! the warranty is a JOKE (hence rule #1)
4) Find one that’s smaller than a hub cap, and that you like.
5) Check twice before you buy, they are all over the web at various prices! I have paid as little as $27 for one! with free shipping.
Happy Hunting! They are not a bad watch if you get them CHEAP!

Yeah, I love the boxes. Sometimes, it’s almost like buying perfume for the fancy bottle rather than the perfume itself. I’ve seen the Reactor boxes and they’re nice.

My heaviest watch is also the most used and most functional: A Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk solar atomic-controlled watch. Even the titanium model is so heavy that my left bicep seems a bit stronger than my right.

For those who are new to watch collecting, always save the box and all paperwork. The box especially can increase the watch’s value if it ever becomes a collectible.

There are other companies that offer much more reliable, better built watches than invicta at comparable prices.

You can even get them as a mechanical watch. Try the Seiko 5, it uses a well known and reliable movement, you can get it starting at around $60. Orient also makes very nice mechanical watches, their dress line is unbeatable imho.

You want something that’s Quartz? Get a Casio or a Timex. Casio has some nice watches in the waveceptor line, and their G-shocks will stand up to pretty much anything, and often come with Solar & atomic features. Timex pretty much has all the bases covered too, and will last for ages. Seiko also makes some very nice solar watches that are quartz.

You don’t have to spend alot to get a good watch. If you get an Invicta, yes it will be cheap, but it will not be good.

Well, metric time is the same as imperial time, so yes.

Invicta watches look good, but they don’t hold up too well. The glass on mine chipped cause i tapped on it repeatedly with my fingernail. Yes, my fingernail.

If you treat them with kid gloves they’ll stay looking sharp. Not for rugged use though.

hmmm… then this will work well.

We can only buy 3?

Heh… you may get the 50 point bonus for using all your letters but those are some low scoring letters! In fact, aren’t they all one-pointers?

Ostentatious is good for a box because you wanna wow the person upon receiving the gift. Now if they end up wearing the box, I’d agree with you. That box is certainly too ostentatious to wear daily! :slight_smile:

What is their app store like?